Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

CY/Sikk Starter Pawl

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

CY/Sikk Starter Pawl

Old 03-04-2009, 02:38 PM
planebasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CY/Sikk Starter Pawl

The starter pawl broke in to two pieces on the second trip to the lake.

I have new pawls on order but haven't received them as yet.

I slightly turned the screw CCW that holds the spring and pawl together but was unable to turn it CW to retighten it.

My question is; is this assembly going to go Boing when I take it apart to replace the pawl; my experience with Recoil type pull starters is that you have to rewind the spring when you disassemble them or is there a trick to doing this.

Thanks,
Old 03-04-2009, 03:43 PM
soundguykaraoke50

Default RE: CY/Sikk Starter Pawl

[&:]you shouldent even need to respring,just install the new paw.i hope you got a metal one as a replacement?
Old 03-04-2009, 05:03 PM
planebasher

I recall seeing some talk about the metal ones but I could not find them. I ordered 5 ea. from WHH, Pam said they were plastic, I am just hoping they are of a better material than the original, I have a couple of the WHH XP2 drive packages and that is some tough stuff
maybe these pawls will be made of the same material.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I think that Carlo over at CC Racing has the metal ones in stock. I gotta get some myself.
On the Sikk engines, cheack the pawls on the flywheel also as those can wear down and even a new starter won't help then. I know, I've ogt one sitting downstairs that I've got to get a new flywheel for just because of that.
BTW, if you need a replacement starter, get one from Zenoah, they work a lot better than the Sikk does and only need a quick mod to get them to fit.