Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

blackjack

Old 03-05-2009, 05:53 PM
black talon
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blackjack

i know everyone is sick to death of blackjacks but it's what i got. i'm running an iv bag(no bubbles), i'll run it for about 4 mins and then it slowly dies. the engine gets quite hot but theres water coming out the outlets. (it also has a full mod motor in it). also i ran 3 different props on it and got consistently 48.and change mph. i had an x472,x572,and an x470/3, all the props let the motor wind up. i'm assuming that is my hulls limit. any ideas.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:39 AM
danielplace

Default RE: blackjack

ORIGINAL: black talon

i know everyone is sick to death of blackjacks but it's what i got. i'm running an iv bag(no bubbles), i'll run it for about 4 mins and then it slowly dies. the engine gets quite hot but theres water coming out the outlets. (it also has a full mod motor in it). also i ran 3 different props on it and got consistently 48.and change mph. i had an x472,x572,and an x470/3, all the props let the motor wind up. i'm assuming that is my hulls limit. any ideas.

I have one done up with every mod. No clutch, 1/4'' shaft all the way, dual aluminum rudder setups, relocated tape on lid radio box set down between rails, gas bag down low next to engine, 1/4 scale steering servo, full mod engine, complete new 2" band pipe setup with water cooled flange and 3" header. It was doing about the same speed 48-50 on a really good run with the X572. Any faster and she'd blow over unless you set it wetter but then it wouldn't do 48 any more so I guess that is about the speed limit for that hull maxxed out.

Thanks Daniel
Old 03-06-2009, 09:01 AM
black talon

are you still running a single waterline thru the head and does it run hot?
Old 03-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Dan S

Black,
when you say the engine is hot, how hot is it?

do you have a temp gun?

Dan.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:01 PM
danielplace

ORIGINAL: black talon

are you still running a single waterline thru the head and does it run hot?
No, I have two dual pickup rudders for a total of 4, No clutch, no pumps. I am only using two though one for the cylinder one for the exhaust flange and pipe.
It runs very cool. Are you still running the water pumps?

Daniel
Old 03-06-2009, 05:45 PM
black talon

no,i ditched the clutch,water pump,3/16" cable,throttle setup,hard tank,and went with aeromarine rudders.the head gets to hot to touch.i don't have a temp gun.and i still can't figure why it dies after a couple of laps.