Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

SO.... MANY.... CHOICES!!!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

SO.... MANY.... CHOICES!!!

Old 04-12-2009, 12:47 PM
madmax22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SO.... MANY.... CHOICES!!!

Hey guys, i have been looking around and was recommended a aquacraft SV27, but wile looking around for that i found another boat for about $50 more... I want FASSSSSSSST, and another plus is that its al ready 2.4ghz!

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=115 is the boat.

I would run it on zippy 2S lipo's and might change the prop. What do you think? look up the vids, it makes you want one so bad!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECJSX...eature=related

I have been looking at our lake and its been glass for the last 3 weeks... Im only a 5 min drive on my bike, or a 2 min drive on the scooter ... I used to have a traxxas blast, but when moving my dad gave it away or chucked it ...

But: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...igged-insanity because you get to put it together and paint it your self. I have a guy on another forum that is giving me set ups- he made one from the same kit that does around 60 mph for under $400... <<Really like this, want somethign along those lines!!!!!

I dont really want to go over $400 for everything, would like it $350 or below, but im pretty flexible.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: SO.... MANY.... CHOICES!!!

The U-1 can made to be faster with a little work. It's made passes at the Legg Lake record trials averaging 64 MPH with some easy tweaks.
I don't know what your level of experience is but you might want to go with the U-1 first. The Rigged Insanity in the picture belongs to Taylor Shaw, a member in here. Look around in the fast electric forum or do a search there as you should be able to find a thread on it.
I'd have your dad toss in a few bucks too seeing how he tossed your Blast.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:07 PM
madmax22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SO.... MANY.... CHOICES!!!

thanks ron, ill go check it out.

My dad pays most of my rc needs, nitro, parts, and he feeds me its OK, it was old and the ESC was fried.