Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

new guy, pics inside

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

new guy, pics inside

Old 04-14-2009, 12:05 PM
greenmunster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy, pics inside

a few pics of my vegas, ill get some of it on the water soon.i did everything i could without going full custom build.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Dan S

Default RE: new guy, pics inside

I really like that green.

Dan.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Dreamin Hemi

OK, give us the low-down on that color. I must do one of my hulls the same! Also LOVE that green![sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 04-14-2009, 02:06 PM
greenmunster

ok im a custom painter, i made the color combo myself for a show car and had some left over, its a house of color planet green high metallic basecoat,then i covered it in gold flake to the point where the green was barely visible, then i coated it with 3 coats of house of color paegen gold candy.then 2 coats of matrix high solids clear. its very pricey, to do a boat its probably about $300 worth of materials. when i get time im pulling the stickers off and doing some real flames off of the front. that picture is inside my house with minimal lighting, ill get some of it in the sun, the gold flake really pops on the water...you can see it from 3 miles away.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
misshydro

I'm also a autobody and custom painter too.. The proublem with three stages paint is you better hope you can match them up wright of you'll see a halo in the area you touched up.. Plus if some of you guys planning to race your boats ?I wouldnt reconmend those finishes unless you have money to burn..Thats why I do my boats in simple colors..For easy touchups..If some of you dont know how to paint the three stage finishes I wouldnt recomend it plus if you had a bodyshop to do that get ready to pay some money..Like the guy said 300 in the finish..I knew by looking at the boat it was a three stage metalflake finish. I done them too..Found a place to get the metalflakes cheaper..Heres there weblink.. they even got crome paint finish too!!!!Maybe some of you guys might want to check them out??[link]http://www.paintwithpearl.com/[/link] By the way Nice job on the paint..
Old 04-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Dreamin Hemi

Hydro, been using their products for about a year or so with excellent results. TONS of different combinations and that chrome definitely may see it's way onto a hull someday.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:24 PM
RaceCraftRC

It looks two miles deep great job!! I would be scared to race that one, give me flat black!!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:32 PM
bondobuster

I too LUV that color. As far as expense is concerned that should only matter to the owner. I would also use the finest products available to me just to be different. As a autobody mechanic also , I do have access to some of the most unique and very pricey paints and wouldn't hesitate to use them on my boat when the time comes ( hopefully not in the near future as I luv my boat paint scheme presently, thanks to Scott ). Hey Scott maybe when your cats are goin I might have to get hull #16 for myself. lol. Anyways, fantastic job on your boat greenmunster. It's always nice to see what can be done if you set your mind to it and aren't afraid to experiment.......
Old 04-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Dreamin Hemi

At the rate of inquiry, shouldn't be long! Start saving.....

Your paint job was a three layer process that I used just as the thread topic's hull, just different colors were used.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:20 PM
misshydro

There cheaper then my local dupont paint store wanted.. They wanted 45.00 for 6oz of metalflakes..!! If I was doing a show boat/shelve queen a boat I wouldnt race,then I would conciter doing it in metalflake..Most metalflake paint jobs are for show cars and other show stuff.Also the proublem using three stage on a boat too is weight. The more paint you apply on the heaver your boat will be..very critical on smaller boats.. Gas not as much..
Old 04-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Dreamin Hemi

The prices are definitely right. Making an order tomorrow actually. A little of their pearl powders go a long way! On a different note Hydro, what was that website of yours again? Sorry for slight change of topic [X(]
Old 04-14-2009, 09:29 PM
misshydro

my boat website?[link]http://misshydro.proboards.com/index.cgi[/link] its R/C Boathouse..I'd had Ron Olson son did the graphics and header.. It has the Oberto tigershark at the top of my header..You'll only see that when you join it and I have to re set your defalt page and you'll see it.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:30 PM
greenmunster

yes, touch up is not possible for this color. if it gets damaged, itll probably end up different custom color, i do candies and pearls all day so i come across different custom paints left over from cars. i probably wont come across this color since there are only 2 cars painted that color around here and they are owned by the same guy.i have some orange candy left over for if i ever wreck it, i plan to soda blast it in my cabinet to remove the old paint if i ever respray it.and yes, its very difficult to spray a tri stage paint scheme, especially on such a small item with so many angles. its harder than a car.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:30 PM
srw1960

Love the green..here is a pic of my home built air boat in the same green with gold flames and yes its all kosmloski..and no you dont match it if it gets messed up but so what gotta do what looks good huh???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay76100.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	1198348