Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Sightler Vee Hull nitro boat

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Sightler Vee Hull nitro boat

Old 05-09-2009, 10:19 PM
s10blaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sightler Vee Hull nitro boat

I'm new to R/c boats, but I have been involved with R/c cars and trucks for years. I have recently aquired a Sightler Vee hull boat that measures 41". I was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on it and what it might be worth. I have found some information on the internet about these boats, but not much. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Dan Vincent

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sightler Vee Hull nitro boat

Back in 1978 I had to spend nine weeks in Atlanta so the editor of Flying Models asked me if I could cover an RC Deep-V race being held at the Stone Mountain State Park. It was in FM 9/78 if you have access to old magazines.

The Stone Mountain racewas my introduction to Sightler boats and they were awesome. Doug Floyd from SC had .40 and .60 Sightler boats,powered byOPS engines. Doug was involved with a collision in the .40 final which put him out of the running but he was running away with the raceuntil that point.

Doug won the .60 class easily, turning in a total of 126-1/2 laps and second place did 105 laps. Doug was turning43 laps in the heats while other boats were under 40 laps. Doug was the only one to turn40 or more laps.

Not only were the Sightler boats fastand smooth-handling they were also beautifully made. If they ever do a"Hall of Fame" for RC boats I'm sure Sightler boats would be in an honored place.

Here is an old card I foundthat Neil Sightler gave me but I'm sure the business address andphone number are long gone.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67243.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1202119