Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Airtronics M11 Range?

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Airtronics M11 Range?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Matt_M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics M11 Range?

I have an Airtronics M11 which I purchased for my large boat build. I have not used the radio in anything, yet.

Does anyone else own the radio who can tell me what kind of range it will have out on the river? I have a lot of water space, and I would like to be able to open the throttle for a long ways.

Also, Spektrum makes a module for it, but I'm not sure if 2.4Ghz would get better range if they drive to the same power levels as FM frequency. Frequency travels further the lower the wave hertz with output power staying the same, and 2.4ghz is definitely up there compared to FM.

If there is a mod to boost output wattage, I am all for it.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:14 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Airtronics M11 Range?

get the fhss module thats the version they made for boats or 5th scales i believe.i have the spektrum module and as of yesterday i kept lsoing signal making my killswitch kick in and shuts the engine off.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:05 PM
dicko

I have the M11 & run the Airtronics DSSS module, the range is plenty.  I would have got the FHSS module for it if it were out when I purchased the module (it came out a couple of weeks later... D'Oh).  I have run the spektrum pro module & it is no good on water.  I still run it on my land vehicles though.

The M11 is the best radio I have ever used, & I've used a few.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Ghost in the shell

I use a standard FM Futaba 6EXA, and have put a 960mm long Najdade so far across a lake I lost visual, aircraft modellers get around 1 to 2km on similar spec radios