Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Cooling Traxxas EVX-2 16.8 V ESC

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Cooling Traxxas EVX-2 16.8 V ESC

Old 05-16-2009, 11:46 AM
rblubaugh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cooling Traxxas EVX-2 16.8 V ESC

Here's something new for you. I have a Traxxas EVX-2 Waterproof 16.8 V. ESC w/BEC along with two Titan 550 motors, all new, that I want to use in the 36" Dumas Chris-Craft Commander Express Cruiser I'm building. My concern is heat! Since this is not the Marine version I would like to give it additional cooling since it will be "cooped up" in the hull of the boat. Any "ideas" or "suggestions" on how I might do this?

BTW, I did ask about removing the existing cooling fins and putting the after market water cooling kit on it and was told "it is not recommended".

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Old 05-20-2009, 12:09 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cooling Traxxas EVX-2 16.8 V ESC

I am planning to run an EVX2 in my old Wildcat with 2 550 motors-of course the Wildcat is a lighter boat than a Commander so it might not get as hot.Since the EVX has thermal shutdown protection I figure I will just run it and see what happens.You could vent the hull to allow some air circulation which should be easy with a cabin cruiser.