Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

need help

Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

I cant make up my mindi have two in mind Proboat Shockwave 55 or traxxas Villain Ex I need yall's help
Old 06-22-2009, 10:36 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: need help

You've got apples vs. oranges there. Do you want electric or gas power, that is the question. There is also a big difference in prices also not to mention a ton of other things.
If this is your first boat, it's fun and frustrating at the same time picking out that first, or for that matter, 12th boat.
Oh yes, wise move coming into a forum and asking before plunking down that hard-earned cash.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:57 AM

well this is my second boat my first one was a tunnel hull with a k and b 3.5 outboard. and i really want a gas boat and there is a guy on here that has a shockwave 55 for 500 but i cant make up my mind i really want a boat that have two motor for the power so my other option is the king of shaves electric but it not out yet.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:00 AM

i guess what im asking is which one do yall think is the better boat shockwave 55 electric king of shaves or the villain ex for the price i have about 550 to spend with out the wife getting too mad
Old 06-23-2009, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a big difference, a 55" fiberglass hulled vee gas boat, or a 31" twin 550 electric with the fairly thin abs type hull. I have a villain, 16.8v, and its very fun, it handles chop, cuts on a dime, and is easily maintained. You can get a new villain EX for $249 at horizon hobby, or let me make your decision even more difficult. What about one right in between them, sort of a blend of the two.............it's a Vee.........its a Fiberglass composite Hull..............its Gas...............its 36".................and it does 30-35mph ( thats very fast for an RTR )................and its only $369. Itsa Shockwave 36. Here it is:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=PRB2050T

P.S. and its a<u> brand new </u>RTR for $369

Old 06-23-2009, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: hardrustler

I cant make up my mind i have two in mind Proboat Shockwave 55 or traxxas Villain Ex I need yall's help

How rough will the water be where you are using it???

My vote is for the SW 55 (though I've never owned either choice!) if you have the room. Big has its advantages (though it'll costs more to run and maintain/repair)