Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

AquaCraft WTHeck!!!

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

AquaCraft WTHeck!!!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:11 PM
RaceCraftRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AquaCraft WTHeck!!!

Well cruising the Tower site today , my beloved AQ v-24 is no longer listed! It is a sad day. I know there are a lot of complaints regarding this boat but my self and 4 other club members race them in a all stock class, that just about anyone could afford to get into ( I got mine from Tower for 500$ shipped) and we were hoping to grow the class since it was very well priced. Oh well it seems like we are a little to late. Is it just me or doe's it seem like any thing you like will go away fast but if it stinks it seems eternal. No more Rio 51's no V-24's its getting hard to be budget orientated these days.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14837.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1233507  
Old 07-10-2009, 07:17 PM
bondobuster

Default RE: AquaCraft WTHeck!!!

It's gonna be interestin to see what Aquacraft is up to. Two discontinued models now. Maybe Grim can post some time and update us as to what they have up their sleeve?????????
Old 07-10-2009, 07:19 PM
RaceCraftRC

I hope its big and cheap!! and maybe a cat!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:37 PM
black talon
My Feedback: (5)

theres still the black jack 55!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:10 PM
srw1960

You can allways build to! lots of great hulls available go look at dreamin hemis work and gas engines are getting very afordable. radios arent as expensive as they used to be and besides its alot of fun to build something and then see it running on the water..nothin like it..days were not so long ago there was no such thing as RTR with anything rc..consider building a custom cat I promise you wont be disapointed
Old 07-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

There are Rio's around, you just have to know where to look. One of my local hobby shops bought a pile of the Rio's and are slowly selling them off on eBay. I saw 2 of them in their store today when I went parts shopping. www.hobby-sports.com (formerly R & L Hobbies). I'm guessing that there are still hobby shops that may have some NIB V-24's also.
Aquacraft will continue to carry parts for both boats for a while but you might want to stock up while you can.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:41 AM
RaceCraftRC

ORIGINAL: black talon

theres still the black jack 55!!!
I have a BJ55 it is starting to show its age!! and it was the price of two Rios!!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:11 PM
goodson

just because a hull is discontinued doesnt mean its not good for racing. my brother races seadoo's and his hull is 5 or ten years old. its more about the hardware and engines. .the hulls will be around for a while as long as they were built well. judging from the construction of my Rio, the V24 should last.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:15 PM
RaceCraftRC

Yes I agree but Its hard to grow a race class without a good supply of boats, It seems to be easyer for all party's to stay with a super stock class, so no one can just buy a win !