Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

RC boat with depth finder

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC boat with depth finder

Old 01-19-2010, 08:39 PM
casey344

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC boat with depth finder

I am a dock builder in South Carolina. Where we place a dock has everything to do with water depth.

I am looking for a RCboat I can motor around the lake and have it transmit water depth back to me. Iwould of course be on land. If it could report distance from where I was standing that would be great but not a deal breaker. Ican shoot its distance with a range finder.

Anyone?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Tombsy

Default RE: RC boat with depth finder

I've seen a couple Japanese and Chinese bait boats with depth finders but they are pretty pricey.
But this thing looks like you could put it in any boat and have it send back the depth.
Just have to find someone to sell you one.
www.ecplaza.net/product/95558_1232361/wireless_bait_boat_fish.html
Old 01-20-2010, 07:30 AM
casey344

Thanks Tombsy ... the bait boats were as far as Igot with my search too. I am looking for a ready made solution with the screen integrated into the remote that moves the boat around.

In a perfect world someone would make the JABO-2B R/C Bait Boat with Fish Finder without the cost associated with the 'bait launching' ability. However, I did find the boat online for $299 and that may just be the route Itake.

Casey

Old 01-20-2010, 02:09 PM
TCHedOff

Personally I think you are overthinking the situation.

The boat is only a platform for carrying the depth finder, right. So ANY boat capable of 1) enough flotation to stay bouyant and 2) provide enough power to move around.

Depth finders are small & light (the cheapest are the smallest and in black-white color - they get more pricey as you get bigger screen size & add color screen etc). Anyhow, point is almost any boat is going to be able to carry a 4-8oz console (you just need room to attach the transmitter./reciever that hangs down into the water). So in the interests of keeping it simply, and low-buck, might I suggest an air boat (they can be had for @100) - its basically just a flat platform with and airplane engine mounted on top (like the Everglades swamp "air boats"). There are many of this type that should meet/exceed your needs easily and be low cost.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Dan S

casey,
if you want you could also use one of these.

http://www.smartcast-rf30.com/smartcast_rf30.htm

Dan.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:00 PM
cheesewizz69

ORIGINAL: casey344

I am a dock builder in South Carolina. Where we place a dock has everything to do with water depth.

I am looking for a RC boat I can motor around the lake and have it transmit water depth back to me. I would of course be on land. If it could report distance from where I was standing that would be great but not a deal breaker. I can shoot its distance with a range finder.

Anyone?
I little on the pricey side but this maybe exactly what you are looking for Ebay item 390145860375.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:32 PM
empty_space

ORIGINAL: Dan S

casey,
if you want you could also use one of these.

http://www.smartcast-rf30.com/smartcast_rf30.htm

Dan.
My vote would go with this. You could just tie it t0 the back of the boat. I have RF10, its the same thing but it has a larger screen in its own station instead of the watch. It works pretty good and I never had a problem with it, so I assume the RF30 will be no different. I searched google for the RF30 and found it for only $50, not a bad price at all.
http://www.outdoorpros.com/Prod/Humm...fhu=3634363932