Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

boat park

Old 01-25-2010, 02:27 AM
ilanb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boat park

Hello,
I am interested in getting information about electronicboat parks. Does anyone know if there is an organized park that has more than30 boats in the park that you pay in order to use the boat? (imean that you use theboat of the pwrson who is incharge of the park)And if so how does it work?
what is the average time the boat can go before you need to change the batteries? Do you need to change batteries in the rcand alsothe boat often?
thanks alot

Old 01-26-2010, 12:21 AM
thorsail

Default RE: boat park

Hello Ilanb
Why don't you google search New York City's ( USA ) Central Park model boat pond - there was ( still is ? ) a fellow there that
had a cart , and on it he had some quantity of those 42 " ( 1066mm) long "Laser" RC sailboats that he rented - i imagine by the hour .
I would highly recommend you looking into the newer 2.4 ghz radio systems ( instead of AM or FM radios with crystals ) .
Were you thinking about RC sailboats as opposed to Electric motor boats ? I am sure the guy in New York picked the "Laser"
model for it's ease of set up ( no rigging stays ) , it has a impressive size , ought to be very durable and take any accidental
abuse/ crashes / bumps / etc. , plus be easy for non -sailors to grasp the rudiments of piloting one around a pond - as it has only
one main sail , and the rudder control .
Battery packs can last many hours - either in the boat itself or in the transmitter - but spares and chargers would be part of
your start up cost for such a business - and the boats of course.....and these days Asian knock-off radio systems are very
inexpensive to purchase .
I am curious why you asked about "30 boats or more " ? if the park and people traffic are enough , you would realize that even
starting with a dozen boats if the business could handle more units - you can always expand....
Hope this helps.

Allan
Chicago
USA
Old 01-26-2010, 02:07 AM
ilanb

Thank you very much for answering me.
About the number of boats, i guess you are right. We need to stat with a small amount, and with luck, expand.....
Old 01-26-2010, 02:17 AM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Look into these commercial systems...

http://www.thola.com/
Old 01-26-2010, 02:27 AM
ilanb

Hello,
I forgot to ask something about the sail boat:

is it dippendent on the wind?

canyou only move the sail with the remote controll,or can the boat move by itself?
thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 08:58 AM
thorsail

Hi Ilanb
YES - wind only

those tug boat / theme park attractions are GENIUS .

Allan