Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

spektrum tx and rx question

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

spektrum tx and rx question

Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
nick 30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spektrum tx and rx question

i have recently taken delivery of the dx5e tx with the ar500 rx

i have mounted the rx in my boat so the short ariel is one side and the long ariel is mounted on the boat side wall

question is :-

is this correct or do i need to mount the long ariel in a horse shoe shape keepingthe 2" minimum seperation of both ariels

many thanks nick

ps - my other 2.4ghz setup has only one ariel
Old 01-25-2010, 07:07 PM
viperhulls

Default RE: spektrum tx and rx question

Why didn't you get the new Spectrum MR3000 boat reciever with the dual ariel?.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:34 AM
thorsail

Hi Nick
I have been using the DX5e in my Soling 1 meter RC sailboat . In my instruction book it just says to keep the long and
short antenna's at 90 degree's to each other - and keep the antenna ends at least 3 '' apart .
on my boat , I have a piece of velcro glued onto the bulkhead by the spar support . the original owner drilled a small hole in
that station , and has a plastic drinking straw that is glued under the deck . my LONG antenna lead just goes into the straw
and is then running forward right under the deck . the short antenna lead just sticks out from the RX and is at right angles to
the long lead.......and the RX is stuck onto the bulkhead -high and dry .
Does this help any ?

Allan
Old 01-26-2010, 02:46 AM
nick 30

hi allan,

it has helped, i have found out that the orientation of the long ariel is correct

viperhulls,

according to the write, the mr3000 wont work with dx5e because the tx does'nt have the marine logo, however, a friend of mine does have the mr3000 and we will be setting up and testing to see if they work together
if the statement of '' its compatible with all dsm rx technolgy '' and it is'nt, then its false advertising
Old 01-26-2010, 03:20 AM
viperhulls

Keep me posted on how the Mr3000 goes , very interested, thanks.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:26 AM
nick 30

will do viper

i'm sure theres lots of people out there who might be interested in the results, i've been doing some research and it turns out the ar500 (which came with the tx) is newer than the rest as it combines 2 receivers in 1 unit unlike the ar6200, 7000 etcwhere its 2 seperate receivers, but it says the ar500 is a full range rx, once the weather is a bit more cheery in the uk i will be putting the boat on the water to test as i have a few other new components to test aswell

after more research, i have discovered the mr3000 (marine) rx may be compatible with spektrum radios that bear the DSM2 logoand/or the marine and surface logo's on the back of your radio's, will be testing to see if its correct and will post results of the test

it says :-

surface radios - DX3S (SPM3140, marine logo)
aircraft radios - DX7, DX6i, DX5e and spektrum aircraft modules

disclaimer - the mr3000 is NOT compatible with spektrum surface modules, spektrum surface transmitters that do not have the marine logo or DX6 park flyertransmitter

spektrum are offering a service (for a small fee ??) to convert your old DX3 tx to a DX3s tx so you can have the use of themarine logo, i think thismaybe pointless if you use the tx for other rc models