Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

THE NEW SHOCKWAVE 55 ICE BOAT

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

THE NEW SHOCKWAVE 55 ICE BOAT

Old 01-27-2010, 08:24 PM
rc-oldguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE NEW SHOCKWAVE 55 ICE BOAT

funny stuff.............
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14910.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	1366024  
Old 01-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: THE NEW SHOCKWAVE 55 ICE BOAT

I had one of those for my first boat and wish I had kept it.I listened to all the bad things about it and sold the hull with hardware and kept the electronics and radio.Sure it has a thin hull and gets stress cracks,but so does the expensive race hulls.It has to be thin to cut down on weight for a big boat.The hardware can be replaced and changed to a surface drive and get a little more speed.If I was buying a new big boat now I would probably go with Warehouse Hobbies.The hull I'm now working on is a 1985 54"AMPS/International Hobbies Formula 409 and it is a heavy layup.
Seal up the hull and put a bubble hatch on it ,with ballast tanks and make a yellow submarine out of it.Then you can go under the ice.Ever heard of the song "We all live in a yellow submarine" ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53792.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1366351   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17081.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1366352  
Old 01-29-2010, 01:59 AM
rc-oldguy

well the ice thing was a joke..... i love my fitty five lots to play around with yes its my first big boat but for $130.00 bucks you cant go wrong it was a steal.. and it was complete with the radio used a few times not setup correctly but hey ive got it figured out its winter here so ive got plenty of time to improve it i know what it is so im not goin too far but it will be a bit better then stock for the money i paid its worth it i also have the pro boat 1/9 hydro .15 and yes the hulls are thin and they do seem to spider on the gel coat i dont like that at all but its a cheep hull i have a dumas 40" and its like 10 yrs old the gel is perfect no cracks or spiders much better quality but you pay for it too
Old 01-31-2010, 07:43 AM
BUDMAN27

Tidnab. dose that dinasore TV still work ? I havn,t seen one of those sinse my moms cought on fire.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That TV is a 1983 Zenith and still works.I inheriated it after my mother passed away and haven't had a problem with it.I have a newer TV in the bedroom and I've had nothing but problems with it .I think they make things that break down now so you have to buy a new one.