Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Largest HP gas marine engine

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Largest HP gas marine engine

Old 02-15-2010, 09:55 PM
GETUSUM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Largest HP gas marine engine

What is the Largest or should Highest HP and tourque gas engine made now ?? I kkow getting 7 hp or coupling them together will do it,,,however I want to make a Twin engine boat, and want the best and Baddest engine out there............

I have heard there is an engine out there that pumps out over 10hp??????????

Turbine,,,price out of the question

Please help
Richard
[email protected]
Old 02-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Largest HP gas marine engine

question seems familiar.

Theres a bunch of motors that will see you over 10hp. What kind of hull are you planning on fitting it into. There really is no point having the "biggest and baddest motor out there" and dropping it in a hull that just cannot take the power.

I can certainly give a better answer when I know what hull is going to be housing this power

A blata or polini clone will give you the most bang for the buck though are quite bulky - too big for a scale cat

Inline zenoahs give great performance while maintaining affordable replacement components. They are more compact also.

Inline QD and Mathes will see you near 20hp per motor though will stretch the budget

SG 35 and CMB35's will give you the highest performance and are reasonably compact - but not for the faint of heart.

There are motors (like the rotary cart motor) that will take you all the way to 60hp though not really what I consider model powerplants.