Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need help with Graupner Monster-Vee.

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Need help with Graupner Monster-Vee.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:29 AM
deviltrigger529

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Graupner Monster-Vee.

I just picked up a monster-vee from a buddy for $50 and it seems in decent shape and he had it running and all but I have a problem. It comes with a switch that I have plugged into the receiver but I have no clue what the other end is supposed to plug into. I've looked over the inside of the boat over and over and cant find a place to plug this in at to control the power for on/off. I hope this is just something stupid that is staring me right in the face but I'm getting frustrated lol so any help would be appreciated. Here are a couple pics of the boat:

In the last pic where the plug is dangling from the switch...thats what I need to know where its home is.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:05 AM
leebart121

Default RE: Need help with Graupner Monster-Vee.

I think that it is eather the battery end or the charging port end?
You should have one for charging, one for the battery, and one to place in the reciver if I am not mistaken.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:44 AM
deviltrigger529

There is only 2 leads, one side goes into the receiver and the other is what is hanging. I dont see anywhere in the boat for anything to plug into or any other leads so I'm baffled as to how to get power to the receiver.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:55 AM
deviltrigger529

Alright I think I just figured it out. The radio system needs a separate battery to get its power from and that is what the switch is supposed to control. I just hooked up a battery to the boat and moved the throttle servo manually and the rudder started spinning, so I just need to find a battery to run the radio system with.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:23 PM
leebart121

good to hear.
That is what I was trying to say. It is set up like my glider, where the whole reciver and servos run off a seperate power supplie then the motor that is placed on my glider when there is no wind to fly it.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:45 PM
deviltrigger529

Yeah I was dumbfounded for a little bit lol. I'm so used to my Slashes where its just one battery that does everything I forgot how the setup was on my Firehammer gas truck, its pretty much the same thing. As soon as I figured that out I was good to go, I just grabbed a 4 AA battery holder and plugged it in and voila.

Now that thats out of the way I can talk about the boat itself lol. Does anyone have any good info on this boat? I've been looking all over for info on this thing and cant find much, only things about Graupner itself, not the boat model. I actually had it out today with 2 6-cell 3300 mah NiMH in series and it was pretty fast and ran for almost a good 45 mins. The first ten minutes was just a test to see if it still kept water out and all and it did but it was a little sluggish. When I brought it back in I realized that one of the fins on the prop was pretty much snapped in half lol. So I went down to my LHS(Chicks Hobbies in Paulsboro, NJ) just to see if he could point me in the right direction cuz I didnt expect him to have anything for this boat since he mostly does gas and electric cars and trucks. Well I get there and show it to him and he ends up having a whole box of old dusty Graupner props and even the exact one I needed for 4 bucks, it was pretty sweet. So I got it back home and took it out and definately noticed a difference, even on slightly used batteries. I cant wait to see this is on my 7 cell batts.

Anyway I'm rambling lol. But back to the point, does anyone know of any info on this boat or maybe another forum about Graupner boats?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:06 PM
jigawatt

wow... i like the speed control! Looks like a goofy potentiometer. I don't believe there was "BEC" back then... depending on how old that boat is.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:16 PM
deviltrigger529

Yeah I'm not sure how old the boat is it looks like it's from the 90's. The speeds control needs to be lubed or something cuz it sticks sometimes when I let go of the throttle it stays going for about 2 seconds then let's off but it's no big deal. I also think it's goin to need a new steering servo soon as well becuase when I gets close to full turn it clicks. But all in all it's in pretty decent shape for how old it is.