Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

JEA prototype GAS rigger hits 70mph today

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

JEA prototype GAS rigger hits 70mph today

Old 03-14-2010, 05:46 AM
zubee1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JEA prototype GAS rigger hits 70mph today

Day started out rainy but we still met up at the lake when I got there, I started to drive down with the reterieve boat and got stuck then a new boater in our club showed up with a big Dodge deisel and I thought he might be able to snatch my GMC 2wd truck out but instead he also got stuck with his 2wd so we decided to go on and boat. We got set up and it stopped raining but the wind kicked up a bit and it got colder we set up the JAE gas rigger with a new Prop Shop 7520 back cut prop and tossed it in checked it with the radar gun and guess what we finally got it up to 70 MPH wow a 5 mph pick up in speed with a prop change really cool to see a stock out of the box RCMK EVO rear exhuast engine push a boat to 70mph. How neat to have a $300 dollar engine do that.. We have some more props to try out an a few more small set up bugs to work out but the JAE Gas Rigger is looking pretty good. David Hall has some video he is sending up to Rod G and I'm sure he'll be posting it as soon as he gets it.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: JEA prototype GAS rigger hits 70mph today

Bill, more shots and a video please!