Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Considering rc boating

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Considering rc boating

Old 03-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Nesal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering rc boating

Hi guys,
Im considering getting an electric BL rc boat, got a couple of questions before I dive into it... how well do these things do in salt water at the beach? considering you do appropriate maintenance of course... I dont have any decent lakes near by, I basically want it as Ive always wanted a decent one and think it would be a blast to go a couple of times up to a lake and for weekends at the beach, what do you think? Im currently very into cars and have a nitro plane I fly around every once in a while.
Thinking of this boat in particular http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ess-Deep-V-RTR
Old 03-28-2010, 09:09 PM
bigrc12

Default RE: Considering rc boating

id recomend gasoline, i once had elctric and nitro boatsbut i wish i had spent a lil extra and totally bypassed nitro and electric boats.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:17 PM
dicko

If you dissasemble it and wash it thouroughly with fresh water and then spray with corrosion inhibitor like corrosion X you will be OK, but it is a tedious job after each run, you will spend more time cleaning than running it. This is from personal experience with salt water, I only run on fresh water now.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:27 PM
R.J. West

That boat you showed us in the link looks cool however at 22 inches its kinda small. But its a good way to get into it. theres Soooo many rtr boats out there, it makes it hard to choose. Whichever you chose yeah, just rinse it out real good with fresh water after running in saltwater. dont forget to remove and lubricate the driveshaft as well as squirt wd-40 in the rudder pivots and anywhere else that you feel needs attention.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Nesal

Ok cool thks guys