Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

plans

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 04:53 PM
butman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plans

Hi there, i.m new to building boats so i need alot of help. I want to build an 72" monohull. If someone could help with the plans that would be great thank butman
Old 04-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: plans

Seriously, that's a lot of boat! You're going to need a lot of motor or should that be plural to push it along. Next, I hope that you've got a vehicle large enough to haul it around.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:25 AM
cheesewizz69

ORIGINAL: butman

Hi there, i.m new to building boats so i need alot of help. I want to build an 72'' monohull. If someone could help with the plans that would be great thank butman
Baby steps first. You say you are new to building boats so I will guess that you are not new to R/C boating right?

Use the search functon and you should be able to find a few building threads that will give you an idea of what is involved in building and powering gas boats. I know that Hemi has a complete build thread from mold building to finished product on here. That alone should give you a general picture. I have got to say that is a very ambitous build for a first timer. Not that you cannot do it but I would start with something less expensive first. MY $.02

There are a bunch of good folks on here that are more than willing to share what they know but be prepaired for some sticker shock $$$$.

Good luck,
Leo
Old 04-29-2010, 04:44 AM
w3bby

Various plans available [link=http://www.modelpowerboat.com/forum/downloads/cat-2.htm]here.[/link] Prowler is an updated version of Wildthing, both at 48" and both popular and proven designs. 72" is a big boat and builds a little to long for the width so handling suffers. If you search the gas forum for build threads you will get some blow by blow accounts of the build process.