Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Miss Budweiser

Old 05-11-2010, 08:36 AM
srx619

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss Budweiser

My first boat was a 1/12 scale miss budweiser. Needless to say I didn't use the right tape, and my servos and reciever got wet. So now I need to pull out the servos. I noticed they are held in by a wood mount. However, the servos are glued in there as well. Do I need to replace the wood mounts, or is there a trick to get the servos out without damaging the wooden mounts?

Also, has anyone ever put a .21 in something this size? I want to get this thing going, and the .15 dynamite engine is ok but I need more power without damaging the hull.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 AM
amax

Default RE: Miss Budweiser

I'm assuming you have the 1st generation Miss Bud with the Solid drive shaft not the flex shaft, those were the ones with servos glued to the bottom. There is no easy way to replace those servos and you will probably be doing some repair work before your done.

A Heat Gun or real good hair drier will help soften the glue some, then gently pull or pry the top plate of the servo bracket. off then the servos themselves. I replaced the wood with an aluminum brkt. and mount.

Heres one installed.

this is another version, in a Formula

An .18 engine would be a much easier and a better suted upgrade for that boat than a .21.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:30 AM
TCHedOff

The servos are NOT glued in.... they are attached to the mount by 4 philips head screws (4 for each servo). You'll need a right angled screw driver to remove them.

Instead of thinking .21 engines, try thinking .18 engines.... evidently (Miss Hydro has tried this size engine) a .21 is too much engine for the hull.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:46 AM
amax

I gotta disagree with ya there, I've had 1 or 2 of the first gen bud's and every one I pulled the servos out of were glued in.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:58 PM
TCHedOff

OOPS Didnt know that was another difference between ver 1 and version 2 (I had the flexshaft). But I DID take a look at them before I posted!

AMAX You got too many boats!!!! You're either single or have a VERY understanding wife. I only have 4 (was 5) and the wife thinks I'm nuts (but she's tolerant.... I spend my own money AFTER I pay the bills)
Old 05-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 125 Likes on 119 Posts

Forget the .21. As already stated, Misshydro dropped one in one of her boats and now can't go past about half throttle without the boat trying to blow over. An 18 would be the biggest that boat can handle and still be able to use everything the engine can put out
Old 05-11-2010, 05:48 PM
amax

LOL,,that's a really old pic, I went A Little nuts when I first got into R\C Boats and bought a bunch of used and damaged stuff CHEAP,,,Put some of my auto body skills to use and, Sold some, Crashed some, gave some away, still got some and Others. Then I Learned about Fast boats,,[8D]
I liked the little Pro Boats when I was runnin em, their great first time nitro boats for what ya pay for em. You either get tired of em and lose interest in the hobby without loosing to much $$, or you move up to faster boats eventually, which means Your Spending a lot more $$,,,Speed=$$$!!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:27 PM
misshydro

there siliconed in guys...white silicon...