Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Servo conversion

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Servo conversion

Old 05-20-2010, 09:23 AM
conntaxman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo conversion

Dose anyone know how to or worked on a Futaba FP-s148 to make it turn more then 60 degrees? I also got a pic of my boat Im making for RC/fishing. it has a 1 hp ele trolling motor on it. here is the link,
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...an/rcboat1.jpg
Old 05-20-2010, 10:00 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Servo conversion

Simplest way is to arrange the linkage to give the required travel.  What is the servo working?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Dan S

the Majority (if not all of them) have a maximum travel of 120 degrees, which is -60 and +60 (60 to the left and 60 to the right).
if your EPA is set to 100% you are getting approx 45 degrees of travel per side. setting your EPA to the Max% will give you the max degree of travel that is allowed by the final drive gear in the servo which is 60 degrees on both side.

I don't believe you can modify the servo to go beyond the max travel of +/- 60 degrees, but you could come up with a system that will multiply the travel at the part that needs more travel.

Dan.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:32 AM
siberianhusky

Do some searching on rc sailboats, some guys have posted directions to modify travel by changing the feed back pot, or soldering resistors on both outside leads of the pot. The gear train on all servos might not be able to handle increased travel, you have to make sure the gears have teeth all the way around them and no other mechanical stops to limit travel. Not hard to do,