Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

mhz xxx muscle advised setup

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

mhz xxx muscle advised setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 03:46 PM
andrew wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mhz xxx muscle advised setup

Me again, i have contacted mhz about an electric setup and they have advised me so here goes.

actually is the mhz xxx muscle (1610 mm length) really classed as a big boat?) hey im new to this game. And surely if i used 64 cells well i may aswell buy a submarine!

they advised me to get the hull and fix a twin z-drive to the back, i would then need 2 3-4kw motors !! Ekk surely this wouldnt need 64 cells.

I have looked on the net and cant find any 3-4kw engines so if anybody knows where i can find some i would appreciate it.

AND ADVISE, if this is a BAD choice of hull can somebody suggest a good fast reasonably sized ELECTRIC boat that is a good performer.

Great and thanks for all your advise :-)
Drew
Old 07-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Pagemaster

Default mhz xxx muscle advised setup

First off is there a reason for a boat that big? Like are you jumping huge waves or something?
You can find 3000-4000 watt motors at Fine Design. Check my links page for his exact url. A Lehner 2280 in a 40-45 inch boat will make it move out on 24-30 cells.

Steven Vaccaro
www.OffshoreElectrics.com
Old 07-20-2003, 07:28 PM
hydroracerx

Default 1.6 meters long!

the 64 cell suggestion was on the extreme side of power. that boat is almost 5 feet 4 inches long! lol, that's a whole lotta Rosie! it's all relative. you should base the cell count on the size of the boat, and then look for the motor that will give you the most performance with that number of cells.... i get the feeling that it's speed that you're looking for. steven is no doubt more knowledgeable than i on electrics, and i know that chris fine of fine design is an authority on electric boats. their advice is worth considering.