Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Wiring a Micro switch >

Wiring a Micro switch

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Wiring a Micro switch

Old 07-21-2003, 02:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring a Micro switch

I thinking about using a Micro switch and a servo for a engine stop switch. I have thus far only a black wire coming out of a coil type thing, can anyone give me some direction on how to wire this up to a Micro switch to use as an engine stop. Thanks VK
Old 07-21-2003, 10:07 AM

So im guessing you have an electric motor that you want to be able to cut when something gets out of handd? you didnt make your post very clear about what you want it for
Old 07-21-2003, 09:20 PM

More info - and after rereading your post - are you using a glow engine or an electric motor?
Old 07-23-2003, 02:53 AM

Default Wait...

Come on guys, the post states black wire out of the coil thingy!LOL, OBVIOUSLY it is a gasser .All you need to do is install a servo pushing a standard kill switch.Why would you want a remote kill switch anyways?You don't even have to do that, just set the low trim to hold the idle then you just bump below it when you want to kill the engine.Just an idea...
Old 07-23-2003, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Wait...

Originally posted by Safe_Cracker
Come on guys, the post states black wire out of the coil thingy!LOL, OBVIOUSLY it is a gasser
I just thought about it, and could also very well be a open endbell type electric motor.........

The simplest way is just to slder in a simple micro switch in the spark plugs ground wire. This will cut the motor as soon as it is pressed with a servo........

DONT PUT THE SWITCH ON THE ACTIVE WIRE TO THE TOP OF THE SPARK PLUG
Old 07-23-2003, 11:21 AM

That'd be the easiest way to kill a switch, eh? *grin* Puts a different spin on 'kill switch'. KILL the SWITCH!!! BAD switch!! BAD switch! Bailiff!!! Whack his switch!!!

Back to reality now.....
Old 07-29-2003, 03:37 AM

Default Kill switch

Thanks guys for the replys. I did get the switch rigged up, and after changing it a few times I got it to work as I wanted . But then I figured out why not kill the engine with the carb, and that worked okay maybe, didn't get long enough run time to get it tested properly. This is my first boat so I have this and a few other thing's to work out such as I think I'm getting water spray in the carb and it making the engine cut out, what's a solve for this? Vance K.