Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Boat characteristics (Gas Tunnel Hull).

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Boat characteristics (Gas Tunnel Hull).

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 04:16 AM
Safe_Cracker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat characteristics (Gas Tunnel Hull).

Hi I am pretty new here and very new to boats.I am a well known member of RunRyder.com but now I have to get out of the helicopter scene, temporarily.I have a couple of full sized boats but was wondering being new to R/C boats if there is anything I should know about.Oh by the way I purchased this boat from here http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...hreadid=842275 and was wondering if anyone can offer some info on it.I was told that it was a little more difficult than a deep vee or cat but I think if I can do a bit of Three Dee with a chopper I can handle a Tunnel Hull, what do you think?What is up with the torque problems everyone is talking about?Does this mean I will only be able to do laps in one direction?Any help or experience with this or any other boat you can offer me will be greatly appreciated!Thankyou D
Old 07-21-2003, 11:18 AM
Flying Monkey

If your from freestyle Heli flying, you should be able to handle anything......... good luck, please post back
Old 07-21-2003, 02:43 PM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Yep, I agree with the statement above.

My first boat was a 3.5 tunnel.

As with your heli's; you don't start out with areobatics. Same with boats. Take your time, learn the characteristics, flip it a few dozen times, and have a ball!

Steering? Put a high torque servo and let it go. What engine again? Might want to put two standard with a 'Y' harness or possibly 1/4 scale.

I ran mine every direction unless setting up for a race and have no real complaints.

Have fun!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:44 PM
Safe_Cracker

Default Hmmmmm...

I think I accidentally opened a thread instead of replying here, lol.I think I started 3-D on my heli the first couple of flights, normal people would call it crashing though!I love helis but so does my 3 year old son, I just don't trust it around him , plus I have a new one on the way.A boat will be soo much safer then an upside down lawn mower and I will be able to share it more with the children (not really but it sounds good!) ;O)~