Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Blackjack 26 Nitro doesn't run right.

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Blackjack 26 Nitro doesn't run right.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:07 PM
joel.a.g
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackjack 26 Nitro doesn't run right.

My blackjack doesnt run as good as it used to. When i first start it, it runs well for about a minute and then it goes at a steady slower speed and i can tell the engine isn't running at full rpm's by the sound of the motor, but if it hits some wake it will speed up for a little then come back down. When i bring it in to refill and send it back out it does the same thing. What could be wrong?

Old 06-05-2010, 11:09 PM
joel.a.g

Default RE: Blackjack 26 Nitro doesn't run right.

Last time i tried it, it also wouldnt run for more than a minute before the motor would slow then die. Any help?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:02 AM
buzkil

I just ran mine again (last time was maybe a year ago) about a week ago. I was having the same problem. I must have spent an hour dialing it in. It's still ritch but I got tired of messing with it and wanted to run it.
It sounds like there is a fuel problem. First off, make sure your tank cap has a good air tight seal (I had to use one of those foam liners off of a oil quart cap). Check to make sure you have no leaks on the preasure line going from your tank to your manifold (this is basicly your fuel pump). last check to make sure the nipple on the manifold is tight (Mine had come loose and I had to take the manifold off to get at the nut and re silicon it). Make sure you keep the drive shaft well lubed.
Ok, now that you have checked all of that, change out your glowplug if you haven't already done so. This would rule that out being bad. Go try it out and if it still does it than you will have to adjust both needles. I'm no expert on this, I realy don't run it enough to be. But it will depend on the % of fuel you are running. I have been running 20% only because I had bought a gallon of it and haven't went though it yet. I think most people tend to run 30% with it. As for the needle sttings I used last week, I realy don't remember (I was getting aggravated and a little drunk) but I do remember that on the low idle, (The screw in the center where the throddle linkage hooks up) I screwed it in all the way and backed it out about 3-4 turns. The screw was not quite flush. As for the high idle screw, I Just slowly opend the throddle all the way and adjust the screw until it sounded ok. After that it never died on me. It was still a little rich because it was smoking pretty good but it ran fine. Next time I get to run it I will lean it out a little more.
Hope this helps you, good luck.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:22 PM
joel.a.g

I use 20% fuel as well, and i just rebuilt the motor, and there was an air leak. I fixed it and some other small stuff that i found and im going to try it tomorrow. Thanks for the help. I'm probably going to have to adjust mine diffrently based on my location though.