Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Boat for Pool?

Old 07-08-2010, 12:22 PM
homerlex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat for Pool?

I have a 20x40 pool that I want to get an RC boat for. I've seen some old posts about this but nothing recent. Anyone have any good suggestions? I'm leaning toward the Reef Racer 2 at the moment. I have also seen people suggest the ZigZag and Mini-C.

What are the current "hot" boat suitable for pool use?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Visual Perfection

Default RE: Boat for Pool?

My vote is for a Mini -C.. I have 2 of them and we run them in the pool all the time. They are fun little boats to run in a pool! And their steerable outdrive allows them to turn on a dime which is nice in a small area.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:03 PM
JawzSS

ORIGINAL: Visual Perfection

My vote is for a Mini -C.. I have 2 of them and we run them in the pool all the time. They are fun little boats to run in a pool! And their steerable outdrive allows them to turn on a dime which is nice in a small area.
im with this guy.. lol.. Proboat should start paying us or something..
Old 07-08-2010, 03:04 PM
homerlex

I'm thinking mini c now too. Now if I could just find a Horizon Hobby coupon code
Old 07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Visual Perfection

Too bad you werent looking a week ago. I just sold one of mine, perfect condition everything included for $65 shipped!

I do have a few more complete. Let me know if you might be interested and I maybe I can help you out.

Side note..don't go wide open into the wall in the pool...found out its not too good to do that and cracked the hull in a few spots lol..got a little carried away doing laps and crazy turns in the pool and wham! shes all fixed now though. (don't worry if you did get one from me it wouldnt be the one I crashed! )
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM
homerlex

OK - I got a Mini-C. I just tried it in the pool. The problem I have it it takes a long time to get the boat to plane properly and get up to speed. Anyone have suggestions on possible adjustments to rectify this.

BTW - when the boat is full speed its perfect for my pool and it handles surprisingly well.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Visual Perfection

Mine won't get on plane if I go wide open from a stop..I have to ease into the throttle then it gets on plane right away.

I have my props on mine adjusted between midway and all the way down and it seems to work great at that setting..try loosening the screws that hold the outdrive and slide it down some..see if that does anything.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:57 PM
homerlex

Mine won't get on plane if I go wide open from a stop..I have to ease into the throttle then it gets on plane right away.

I have my props on mine adjusted between midway and all the way down and it seems to work great at that setting..try loosening the screws that hold the outdrive and slide it down some..see if that does anything.
Thanks - I'll give that a try.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:12 AM
grinder-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: homerlex

I have a 20x40 pool that I want to get an RC boat for. I've seen some old posts about this but nothing recent. Anyone have any good suggestions? I'm leaning toward the Reef Racer 2 at the moment. I have also seen people suggest the ZigZag and Mini-C.

What are the current ''hot'' boat suitable for pool use?

Thanks in advance.

How about a sub. Has a camera option too.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRYK1&P=ML

Grinder.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:58 AM
homerlex

ORIGINAL: grinder-RCU

How about a sub. Has a camera option too.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRYK1&P=ML

Grinder.
I already have a sub
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62390.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1468617  
Old 07-16-2010, 04:56 PM
homerlex

Is there a trick to lowering the outdrive? I loosened the screws but it doesn't want to go lower. Seems the output shaft wants to hold it all the way up.

BTW - by not starting WOT it does plane faster but I'd still like to mess with the outdrive height if possible.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Visual Perfection

Not sure of any tricks.. I did notice mine also doesnt go all the way down, but it seemed to go down far enough to help with the cavitation issue and it gets on plane much easier now. Hopefully you can get yours adjusted well enough to have a good balance between top speed and acceleration.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:06 PM
homerlex

Not sure of any tricks.. I did notice mine also doesnt go all the way down, but it seemed to go down far enough to help with the cavitation issue and it gets on plane much easier now. Hopefully you can get yours adjusted well enough to have a good balance between top speed and acceleration.
Mine won't adjust at all but I've gotten better on the throttle so I get only a few seconds of cavitation at most.

BTW - my receiver has been acting flaky since I got it. Its been cutting out on occasion. I emailed Horizon and they are sending out a new receiver. I'm very happy with Horizon's customer service.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:44 AM
patti66
Banned

We are Chinese supplier of RC Toys such as RC Helicopter .RC Boat and RC Car etc. and we have export to worldwide

Try http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/202453 for more details

Or you can contact us directly via below information.
Email: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected] Trademanager: cn111274074

Old 07-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Visual Perfection

Ya horizon has GREAT customer service. It is why I keep purchasing boats from them. Every proboat I have purchased has had some issues, but they always come through and take care of the problem for me.

Let us know how the new reciever works out, as I think one of mine is having a few problems as well so I might need to contact them too.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:29 PM
homerlex

Ya horizon has GREAT customer service. It is why I keep purchasing boats from them. Every proboat I have purchased has had some issues, but they always come through and take care of the problem for me.

Let us know how the new reciever works out, as I think one of mine is having a few problems as well so I might need to contact them too.
Got the new rx and it works great :-)
Old 08-25-2010, 12:00 PM
homerlex

Now the steering servo is shot and HH says its not covered under warranty (dunno why). Anyone have a recommendation for a good replacement (that will hold up better than the stock one)?