Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Do you buy from Elite Models Ltd online?

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Do you buy from Elite Models Ltd online?

Old 08-09-2010, 12:05 PM
JPriami
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you buy from Elite Models Ltd online?

Has anyone in the USA bought from Elite Models Ltd thats in the UK?
Bybrook Barn Garden Centre
Canterbury Road
Kennington
Ashford
Kent
TN24 9JZ

http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/

Im doing research before I would buy.
How long did it take to get your order if you are in the USA and you bought from them?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Do you buy from Elite Models Ltd online?

I'm obviously not in the UK nor have I done any business with this company but it's the same Asian garbage that's unloaded on eBay here in the USA.
I have seen a few of these boats at the Toledo show and trust, me you're gonna get what you pay for which ain't much. Ever seen a speedometer cable sheath used for a stuffing tube? Bottom-of-the-line everything? Need replacement parts right away? I hope not if you buy any of those.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:38 AM
JPriami

Hello Ron,
My question was about that site because I am finding that the venom king of shaves electric boat is part of a few of those type hulls. And there are variations of that hull in rtr and arr versions. I had found one that I like better than the king of shaves paint scheme. and it seems to be a boat thats around the UK. Then there is another boat I see around china.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Those are also available in the US. Sometimes a problwm with buying a boat from the UK is thta the radio frequencies that are used there aren't legal for use here.
Go to the FE boat forum and look up these boats as there isn't much good said about them. A friend of mine, MsDarla bought one recently and fried a motor right off the bat and trying to get a replacement was a pain in the ass for her. Instead of coverage under a warranty, they offered her a new one at a discount. Yeah, mighty wonderful of them! [:@]
Venom already got a bad rep with their gas boats long before they came out the the FE versions.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:28 AM
JPriami

I have read all through that thread here on rcu and i seen msdarlas post. that was very unfortunate and honestly i felt bad for her. that was one of my deciding factors honestly. is that the motors in the venom boat would fry. but venom has released a new brushless outrunner thats a little lower kv rating in the new version of their boats. its just hard to find them. the other boats that are not labeled venom are the same hull but different motors. and some have different esc's the one i ordered has different motors and 80amp esc's with a steering servo. less receiver and transmitter. some times you can find the boats about 1/2 of what venom sells them for. but those seem to be the ones in china. although i know they are all prob made there lol.