Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Getting into Nitro RC Boats

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Getting into Nitro RC Boats

Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Boombadan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting into Nitro RC Boats

Hello everyone! This is my first post on the site!

Anyway I am looking to get into Nitro RC Boating, we have a house on the water so I think it would do me better than a car/truck(might get into a truck that I could run on sand). I recently purchased a Nitro Panther V-Hull RC boat off of ebay for $172.00(he was asking $192 so I felt a little better, haha). I'll post pictures once it comes in and you guys can let me know howI did! It is a 3 foot long boat and he said he put over $600 into it. It comes with an upgraded motor and a futaba servos. He said it comes with everything but the radio and I need to buy gas to run it(plan on getting the gas at my local hobby shop). The motor looks like it is completely outside the backside of the boat. Once I get it in the next week or so, maybe you guys can help my find a radio(is this the controller for it?)? Anyways I'm excited!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:17 PM
cpt nj

Default RE: Getting into Nitro RC Boats

It's important to always take a good look at the engine ,inside as well as out on a used boat , plane etc because you dont know how hard it was run or how long it's been sitting around .Take a good look at those bearings. NJ
Old 08-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Boombadan

Will do, he said he ran it a few times mostly to just make adjustments but we'll see! Thanks for the imput
Old 08-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Boombadan

Heard somemore about the boat, the paint on it is fuel proof. He bought it as a kit and he only ran 30% nitro fuel through it(should I do the same then?). He also said its top speed was about 30 mph.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:49 PM
advanced builder

Boombadan Hello If you post in the nitro section,you'll get more responses. Most epoxy paint is fuel proof. If nitro sits on any paint it can damage the Finnish. clean up any drips. you'll be OK Keep a clean boat ,carry a towel in your field box .
Old 08-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Boombadan

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Boombadan Hello If you post in the nitro section,you'll get more responses. Most epoxy paint is fuel proof. If nitro sits on any paint it can damage the Finnish. clean up any drips. you'll be OK Keep a clean boat ,carry a towel in your field box .
Ok thanks for informing me, I will. I'll move the thread into the nitro section once I get the boat in the mail with pictures