Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

where can i find marine ball bearings

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

where can i find marine ball bearings

Old 08-30-2010, 01:46 PM
superflyboy1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i find marine ball bearings

im looking for a marine ball bearing 4x8x3 the manufacture dose not make it any more dose any one where i might find them thanks a lot <input type="hidden" id="gwProxy"></input><input type="hidden" id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" />
Old 08-30-2010, 06:39 PM
ken webb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: where can i find marine ball bearings

You might try Boca Bearings. They have all types and sizes of bearings. bocabearing.com
Old 08-30-2010, 11:03 PM
superflyboy1988

ok what do the three number stand for and is the size in metric
Old 08-31-2010, 04:17 AM
siberianhusky

inner diameter, outer diameter and width of the bearing, by those measurements I would guess metric but you're the guy with the ruler!
Take them to any bearing shop and they should be able to set you up. Way cheaper too! 70$ oem kawasaki wheel bearing for kx 250, 8$ a piece x2 for the same skf bearing at a bearing and drive shop!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 PM
G4Bama

Yes, your bearing ismetric (4mmshaft(inner diameter)x 8mm diameter(outter) x 3 mmwidth). Most all bearings of this type are always metric sized. I buy bearings from VBX.com. They have this bearing in stockfor $9.95 ea

Old 09-01-2010, 03:27 PM
superflyboy1988

ok cool but there are so many diffrent kinds witch ones do i use do i need a ones that will be ok in the water or what
Old 09-01-2010, 03:37 PM
siberianhusky

what is it being used for? Usually a bushing is much better in the water, like in a strut. Balls or rollers won't last too long in the water, an open race would be better than a sealed bearing, at least you could flush it out and lube it after running. In water at high rpms a sealed bearing won't stay sealed for long, then it will hold water causing rust, also more friction because of the seals.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:57 PM
superflyboy1988

the boat i hace the proop turns with the rudder its for that shaft it had just a metal one now i thought ball bearings would be better
Old 09-02-2010, 08:29 AM
siberianhusky

If its for the stub prop shaft go with a lead teflon bushing, or bronze, My new rigger it is just a 3/16 id piece of brass tubing that is cross drilled to hold grease. Go to the zippkits website and look at the .12 rigger hardware, that strut is what I have and you can see the bushing that slides inside it in the pictures. It works fine and that little motor screams. Pretty sure it's the same as the sv27 nitro bushing. Everything else I have is Octura lead teflon bushings is 1/8 or 3/16 id.
Way cheaper than bearings and will last longer than a bearing. They work out to about a buck a piece. So you can just toss them when you notice a bit of play.
Check out offshore electrics in the strut hardware section, a pretty good selection of bushings there in the usual rc boat sizes. No bearings at all, and they specialize in good racing hardware for electrics.
Might have to still go to a bearing and drive shop to get one that has an od of 8mm, thats pretty big. What kind of boat do you have?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:42 AM
superflyboy1988

its the cen gray thunder nitro verison