Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

help with boat

Old 09-06-2010, 03:19 PM
ryeguy247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with boat

hey guys, im new to rc boats. i recently bought a very low profile speed boat hull that i am going to set up brushless. so far i have the hull and 2 engines which im un decided of which one to use. i have an ezrun 1/10th set up and a mamba max 1/16th scale setup. other then that im not to sure whebre to start and which parts i will need to get this thing running. mostly im just wondering how to set up a stuffing box or shaft and what parts i would need to do so. i have a rudder and all the electronics. any help would be great.

thanks.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:27 AM
highlandcrawler

Default RE: help with boat

How large is the hull? That makes a huge difference. The ez runs are pretty high on the kv side and pretty low on the torque side due to the small rotor so it might run hot. The castle if they are the cm20 line are pretty high on the kv also starting around 5000kv. What kind of speedo and battery are you running also? I have a 29" mono and run a 540 size 2900kv happily on 2s and have a smaller nqd jet that i run the smaller motors in but only in the 4000 range. Hope any of that helps you. Mostly need to know what that sleek hull is you've got to help more
Old 09-12-2010, 07:37 PM
ryeguy247

The hull is 23 inches long, 9 inches wide, and about 2.5 inches tall from the rear. right now im not sure on the batteries and speedo i have no idea what that is lol, sorry new to me. i also am not quite sure how to mount the shaft and how to bond the top of the hull to the bottom. thanks alot
Old 09-14-2010, 01:11 PM
redlined_b16a

Speedo in a Speed Control,in your case an electronic speed controller (esc)
What material is your hull made from?
What manufacture made it?
What kinda boat are you looking for,racer,sport boat to run every now and again or a daily driven boat?
Is speed your goal?
There are different kinDs of running gear
I suggest looking at other boats on the web,find a pic or link of the vessel you like the running gear on and post it do we can help you determine if it's right
Old 09-14-2010, 02:31 PM
ryeguy247

my speedo is an ezrun 9t 4300kv with a 60amp esc. the hull is made from plastic. i was made from some random guy and they were just selling them at the hobby store for cheap because there was tons of them. im looking for a boat thats not to fast but can be driven everyday or so. the hardware i bought so far is :

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

other then that im not to sure where to go from here. like were exactly should i drill the hole and mount the flex shaft and stuffing tube. easy way to mount the motor. and how to make a box for the esc and steering control.

thanks alot guys.