Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

How to get new reciever for "Queen2" Electric boat...

Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

How to get new reciever for "Queen2" Electric boat...

Old 09-07-2010, 10:23 PM
stady234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get new reciever for "Queen2" Electric boat...

Need help in finding a "new" reciever for my boat. I currently have 2 boats, and they have the SAME Tx/Rx... so one controller for two boats...

I really want to race them against each other..

Please help!

V/R

Stady234
Old 09-08-2010, 04:18 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: How to get new reciever for

Does the TX/RX have removable crystals?  If it does, all you need is a new pair of crystals for a different channel in the same band.  If not, its probably a complete new control outfit required for one of them because the manufacturer will have used their own system which will be incompatible with anybody elses offering.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:17 PM
stady234

no removeable crystals.. it has an iso chip that states "27MHz" on it.

I guess what i would like to find is the cheapest "best" replacement Controller and reciever board to switch out everything on the one boat, so i can race both of my boats..
Old 09-12-2010, 05:51 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Next question - are all the electronics on one board?  If the receiver is separate from the mixer and ESCs and connected with standard plugs, there is a chance of replacing just the radio, and there are some incredibly cheap 2.4GHz outfits on the market now.  
The rather terrible advertising blurb on http://www.bananahobby.com/1678.html (assuming that this is the right boat) suggests that steering is done by mixing the throttles.  Some radios let mixing happen from the transmitter, sometimes it will need a hardware mixer in the boat.  Depending on the current required by the motors, an ACTion P94 plus an extra ESC for the centre motor will do the job.  Not particularly cheap, but performance rarely is.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:35 AM
pompebled

Steering is done with a servo (of some sort), I've seen these boats (Graupner Giant racer) with a 'real' servo. so proportional steering and with a 'bang bang' steering, full left - center - full right.

If these were my boats, I'd contact the seller and ask for a replacement for one boat, which operates on a different frequency (40 mHz AM), so you can race both boats.

Regards, Jan.