RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   miss bud or traxxas nitro vee (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/2013344-miss-bud-traxxas-nitro-vee.html)

adam1987 07-22-2004 11:16 AM

miss bud or traxxas nitro vee

what would u guys choose and y what is the biggest differecnes between these 2 boasts which will go better on ruff water

Velocity-8 07-22-2004 03:59 PM

RE: miss bud or traxxas nitro vee

The hydro will be faster but the Vee will handle rough water. Hydros don't do good in chop. Nitro Vee is good but also look at the Cen Aqua Jet. The Aqua Jet is fast and handles choppy water.

kit.car 07-23-2004 09:05 AM

I have both...I like both, but I run my Vee way more often. If its your first, stay with a vee hull design. With the Vee I dont have to worry about water condition, having someone help "flat toss" the boat, and less "work" involved with running and maintaining. With the Vee, I just gas and go. It just seems like there is less BS involved. If the water is ultra smooth and I have help...I will pull out miss bud to show off, but its ususally short lived.

RG501 07-24-2004 09:56 PM

i would get the Nitro Vee. i've herd that alot of the miss buds have some problems. and you wouldnt have to worry about water conditions too much.

Fred Drew 07-27-2004 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Adam97,
I have been racing a Miss Bud against a buddy with a V-hull, for over a year and over 200 races. The V-hull runs much more regularly than the Miss Bud. ALOT more trouble with the Bud, and I mean ALOT!!!!! BUT the Miss Bud is much cooler. We have a triangular course and although the v-hull is alot faster it has to slow down to turn where the Miss Bud turns, wails takes off and is too cool. We have annual unlimited hydro plane races here on Lake Washington (Seattle) that I attended for decades and the Miss Bud sounds and looks like the real race, check picture. After 5 times around the course I rarely pass the v-hull although I almost catch him but he is faster on the straight stretches and so I have to make every turn just right, but I get excited and screw up. I hit a buoy or I am coming in too hot to a corner and there is wake there, usually from myself, the chop will cause flipping if you don't slow down but if I slow down I drop behind. One of these times I will make the turns right catch up and then when he turns wide I will be in a position to cut in, hope hope hope. But usually I flip. Re-starting after a flip took awhile to figure out but I can get it going in a few minutes now that I have flipped maybe 50 times.

Best of luck,
Racing to a wreck.

jeremy12 03-21-2005 09:08 PM

i have the nitro vee its gtreat i havnt ran it yet but it looks sharp and ive seen videos a+++

Holyeagle 03-22-2005 11:35 AM

I was wonder Fred, What is the procedure that you have to go through when you flip your Miss Bud to get it running again?

truckstalk 03-24-2005 01:31 AM

I was in the same boat as you are a couple of days ago..i am in two minds of a Miss BUD or a Nitro VEE..
after asking some quesions and doing some homework..i ordered a PROBOAT shockWAVE

that is the way to go for newbies, like me, hopefully.