RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   Looking for a boat (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/3038615-looking-boat.html)

smitty4 06-03-2005 09:42 AM

Looking for a boat

I am looking for a boat that I can run in a small pond. The pond is about 6ft x 5ft. What do yal reccommend? I am looking at a nikko right now. I really dont want anything too fast just enough to mess around a little, I also want to be able to run in a lake. Thanks

JasonInAugusta 06-03-2005 10:58 AM

RE: Looking for a boat

Reef Racer or Zig Zag

Umi_Ryuzuki 06-03-2005 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: JasonInAugusta

Reef Racer or Zig Zag

Either racer would be good in a lake, but not a 5x6foot pond. The Racers would jump right out of the end of the pond and end up in the dirt.
Any puddle boat would be good in the little pond, Almost any variety store like
Walgreens, or Longs drugstore would have a little two motor puddle boat, but they won't be good in a lake.;)

smitty4 06-03-2005 03:38 PM

Ok then I will just look at a cheap wal-mart boat. I wanted a little more hobby quality but it will work. I am mainly in to rc cars. I just wanted a boat to mess around when its wet.

harleyboy61 06-07-2005 07:34 AM

i am new to boats to i have a big pool and am looking to buy a few boats to mess around with friends in my pool my choses are the zig zag , reef racer , or megatech h20 i need something easy to fix and can take a beating . which is the fastest and the best chose out of these 3 thanks for the help

Hydro Junkie 06-07-2005 04:00 PM

Harley, what do you consider a "big pool"? All the boats you mentioned will need AT LEAST a 20X20 area to do CIRCLES at any kind of speed. You have to remember, the faster you go, the more room you need to turn

Wave blaster 06-07-2005 05:10 PM

It depends what kind of beating are you going to put it through? The reef racer could probably take more than the zig zag, but the zig zag can used for other things. Like retrieving another boat for instance. I say either the reef racer or the zig zag. Both are good boats. Hope this helps. Matt

harleyboy61 06-08-2005 06:57 AM

the pool is at least 20/20 so far the reef racer is better quality are both the reef racer and the zig zag faster than the h2o pro? i havent heard much about the h2o

Wave blaster 06-08-2005 11:24 PM

From what I have heard it isn't what it is told to be. The speeds are much less - 12 MPH about. It also isn't very waterproof. - Heres the link: http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...cfm?boat_id=96. I thought about getting it before I got my boat (SW 26) I am now glad i didn't. Hope it helps. Matt

harleyboy61 06-09-2005 06:53 AM

thanks for the help is the h2o pro any different? i think iam going to go with the reef racer

retaobcr 06-09-2005 02:48 PM

5' x 6' - joking aren't you on size of pond. Why don't you reword your question cause people will help you but 5 x 6 , people will think you are a jokester! You also mentioned LAKE, amount of money you can spend, electric or gas or nitro, size of boat, to vague on ? to get a half way desent answer!

retaobcr 06-09-2005 03:00 PM

Read about 20 x 20 pool, still not big enough for boat to get on plane. The thing is , you would be spending your time repairing boats that hit the sides and if they sink the cost of repairs would eat you alive. One item overlooked is esc for such small boats are very expensive and if you use car esc's, one drop of water and you shoot a $100.00 down the pipe. The only small esc's are made in Europe that are worth their money and shipping here, cost a bundle without insurance. They won't insure products coming to USA! These are facts to help you out, not to discourage you!

Wave blaster 06-09-2005 03:33 PM

I haven't heard much about the H20 pro. I think it hasn't came out yet. Matt

retaobcr 06-09-2005 05:26 PM

Been out a couple of years. go to web site mentioned above!

barnstormerboats 06-09-2005 09:57 PM

Think about buying a quality boat that might be able to have quick change mounts for the motor. you can run a small electric motor/battery combo in the bathtub of a pond you speak. Then switch to a decent nitro motor that will run with some power on the lake when after you get dizzy running around a 3 ft circle.

Tim

retaobcr 06-10-2005 10:06 AM

Barnstormerboats; very nice. From my standpiont, i'm electric cause boats other than electric create noise which is banned here. That's the breaks and i have to abide by them or not be able to run my electric.