RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   painters in NH?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/3091885-painters-nh.html)

rcnutman 06-20-2005 02:45 PM

painters in NH??

1 Attachment(s)
Hi people,
I just bought a dumas boat off ebay... I cant wait to get it!!! I am wanting to do a nice paint job in it!! But a have tried before and i stink at it!![:'(]......So,I figure Ill turn to the good old universe and see if there is any people out there who will help me out.....I live in manchester NH .I am looking for a seasond painter who would help -- assist me with painting my boat[8D]. I am looking for a learing experance and not just to have my boat painted.....Id pay a few bucks for your time if nessesery....Or perhaps someone who just likes to paint and help out a newbe to painting.... I think i want somthing simple like the baot in the pic....:) here is a pic of a plane old white boat.........
thanks rc--nut

biteme 06-21-2005 10:20 AM

RE: painters in NH??

Yes! I'd like something like what's in the photo too... the boat is nice as well.

Ron Olson 06-21-2005 10:57 AM

Something simple like the boat in the picture? I guess that you haven't seen that boat in person then. I was at the Toledo show when Dean Werges brought it in, the paint still tacky. There is a lot of subtle work that doesn't show in that shot. You don't want to ask what Remy paid for Dean to do it! Dean starts out at around $150.00 and you'd better have it ready for him to shoot and that's for only one color.
That paint job is not simple, I wouldn't try it!
I had my latest boat done at a body shop. Some painters there might want to do it at home as a side job to save you a few bucks. I had mine done with 2-part PPG paint and clear-coated for $150.00 . Whatever you can do yourself will save you more money like getting the hull prepped for paint. Your boat wouldn't need that much.
Trick paint jobs are cool but keep in mind if the boat gets damaged it's a lot harder to repaint later on.

rcnutman 06-21-2005 11:45 AM

......I should get the boat by friday. I will give the boat a run and if i like it. I most deffinatly want to give it a nice paint job....If nobody is able or willing to help me out. I will have to swing by a autobody dealer and see if they would paint it for me??
It look pretty basic nothing very fancy. I hope they can do it for 100 bucks....I will prep the boat for paint and see what they got layin around for blue and red..........well see what happens
thanks rc-nut

rcnutman 06-25-2005 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well I got the baot on thursday. I went to two autobody dealers and only one was interested. The guy said he do it at home for 200 bucks..... I guess thats a fair price for some people but not for me!!!!!!! So i ran down to the Lhs and bought some paint,trim tape,sand paper and clear coat..........This is what I ended up with. The boat looks ok. I tried to do the paint job like aeromarine, that was to difficult. I stuck to straight lines!!!!!!!!! Here is pic of old and new
what yea guys think??????

biteme 06-25-2005 07:59 PM

What happened to the blonde? LOL