RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   Cen Racing Wave Shark GP Need Help Please (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/3205474-cen-racing-wave-shark-gp-need-help-please.html)

chrismoll 07-27-2005 12:35 PM

Cen Racing Wave Shark GP Need Help Please

Hello,

I have gotten the Cen racing Wave Shark RTR from a local hobby shop...
I've run it a couple of times...and tried to find a place near to "play" with it...
Well, that was 2 years ago....the boat has been sitting on a self and I want ot get it running again.....I tcame with a Mirage 3 remote and all Cen racing servos and accesories..I tried the servos and they dont work... I got new Batteries and installed every thing perfectly...The .18 enigne that came with it is in good condition and working, the only thing is is that I could use some tips on how to get it working again and maybe add some better things to it...
Need anymore info? Please tell me..

Thanks

bebopin64 07-27-2005 03:34 PM

RE: Cen Racing Wave Shark GP Need Help Please

do you live near the beach?

chrismoll 07-27-2005 03:56 PM

Well,

I'm in New York...Not many beaches BUT I'm looking into a lake or a little pond or something like that or even a gravel quarry pit.....
I just want ot get this thing going again...

The servos look like they are a little bit of nned of oil..

Do you give the servos oil to loosen then up a little becasue they havent been used for a year...

Thanks

Andrew Smolnik 07-27-2005 06:37 PM

Chrismoll,

Actually there is a teflon style grease that is inside the servos. The servos are sealed, therefore you should have no problem with them, even over time. I wouldn't worry about them unless there is a crack in the case or somthing.

Wave Shark is a fun water craft. Ive got one myself. Love taking it to the local river on holidays. ; )

Andrew
CEN

Ron Olson 07-27-2005 08:15 PM

The problem with CEN Racing boats is that the radio equipment in the boats is exposed to the elements. Moisture could have gotten into the reciever and/or servos while it was in storage. Check all of the connections for any corrosion. This won't be easy as the pins are pretty small.
If the servo arms feel tight or won't move at all then rust got to the servo motor.

chrismoll 07-27-2005 08:28 PM

Update:

I found that the power switch is bad.....

Going to radioshack tomorarow to get another..

Thanks

Fongwong 09-13-2006 09:32 AM

Hi guys ,
i have an Aquajet with brushless and 14 element , now i m thinking to buy a shark wave seems really fun :-) , but wich version u guys rcommand GP or ESC ? i want good autonomy and high speed ,
wich modifications can i do to increase the top speed ?(GP version)
Many thnak for all advices

Ron Olson 09-13-2006 09:38 AM

There's not a lot that you can do with the engine but trying some props other than the supplied stock plastic one will make a world of difference.

Fongwong 09-13-2006 09:43 AM

Hi Ron and thanks
got a 42mm on my aquajet do u think it will improve the shark wave to buy the same ? or a bigger one ? i am also thinking about painting wich brand of paint do u recomand ?

thanks again

Ron Olson 09-13-2006 09:50 AM

We've tied Octura X-437's, 438's, 440's and 637's and I thought that the X-637 worked best for us. I don't know if you can get those in Hong Kong or not.
I don't know what paint that you can get over there either. Top-Flite's LustreKote is about the only good paint that I know of over here that is in a spray can that I've had the least amount of problems with.