RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   MODEL BOAT SHOW (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/5601831-model-boat-show.html)

blizard05 03-22-2007 05:17 PM

MODEL BOAT SHOW

The 6th biennial Woods Hole Boat Show,will be held April 14-15 at Woods Hole MA.Come on down

Jhoyoza 03-24-2007 01:17 AM

RE: MODEL BOAT SHOW

Sounds great. I have never been to one before. I live about 10 miles North if Boston and it may be a bit of a ride. (Perhaps an hour. not sure.) I think I might really enjoy attending such an event.

Please, tell me more - How many exhibitors are there at these things? Is it for true scaled pros, or can anyone show items? Where exactly is it? (I will Map-Quest it.) Is there an entrance fee? Do people sell and buy parts and other miscellaneous items?

Thanks! Sounds like fun.

blizard05 03-24-2007 07:08 AM

On the web at-www.woodsholemuseum.org

Jhoyoza 03-24-2007 11:30 AM

Sounds Great!

Thank you for posting it and providing details.

According to the web site, Woods Hole is a part of the town of Falmouth. About and hour+ but certainly appears to be worth the ride.

Both static and live exhibits will be displayed at sites throughout the village. A pool set up at the Museum will float children's models and fresh-water radio controlled boats. Also, races and sailing demos will take place in Eel Pond. Talk with the exhibitors, see model-building demonstrations.
What more could anyone want?

Nice!

-J

blizard05 03-29-2007 07:14 AM

Any one else coming to the show? You will have a good time.Woods Hole in it's self is a great place to visit

Justaddwata 03-29-2007 10:21 AM

You sure this place is ready for a Zenoah ?? :D

http://www.woodsholemuseum.org/woodsmedia/mboat3.jpg

Jhoyoza 03-29-2007 11:13 AM

Yikes! Justaddwata,

I took a look at the photo above with all those pretty sail boats and then I looked up Zenoah engines. Killer gasoline 2-strokes!

Out of curiosity, how many cc’s is your Zenoah?

I also would be interested to know if they are allowing that class in the racing events? (No, I don't have one...yet that is!)

Thanks!

-J :D

blizard05 03-29-2007 07:18 PM

Hey,Mat,I am bringing one with a zen, The V box. I will have a few boats on display the ORCA and SS MINNOW

Justaddwata 03-30-2007 05:59 PM

Jhoyoza - you will definately have to come see us run sometime - it is a fun group and we dont race. Theres a group of us that run at Wareham when it warms a little more. Take a look at my site to see some of the toys we run.

We run cats, Vees, jet boats, hydros with anywhere from 26cc's to twin 35cc's. There are presently two builds going on with twin 52cc motors (one in a 92" cat).

There is not much a race class for many of the boats we run but we have fun anyway

[link=http://justaddwata.com/RC_Boat_Photos.php]www.justaddwata.com[/link]

[link=http://groups.msn.com/JustaddwatasRCBoats/july17thcarverma.msnw]fun run at Carver MA[/link]

Justaddwata 03-30-2007 06:00 PM

Hey Larry,

The V box will be popular - a woody and gas (you did a great job with the veneer).

I am not sure I will get to Woods Hole this round. Will give you a shout if I do.

Jhoyoza 03-31-2007 07:04 PM

Holy smokes, twin 52cc’s! [X(]

I would very much enjoy coming to carver to check it out. I had a 50cc 2-stroke engine on a motorcycle once. (Harley Davidson made one, before the moped days.) It had minimal power for a bike and it barely made it up hills, but it did work. Twin 52 cc’s must be unreal on a hobby boat!

My son and I will certainly be going to the show on the 14th and 15th in Woods-hole and would very much enjoy coming to see your stuff in Wareham when you have it. We never saw boats over 7’ feet long before, and especially with that kind of power. You guy certainly seem to have it together.

Please post when it warms up enough and you guys are running. We would very much enjoy seeing that!

BTW: Great web sites you have there! Great photos and videos, I did manage to get videos to work from the Google site, but not from the justaddwata site. I t may be just my computer, I don’t know.

Thanks for the invites!

-J

Justaddwata 03-31-2007 09:11 PM

Hi J,

I have still to fix some of the justaddwata site. The videos are still a work in action. I was going to just wait till I had some more video to add.

Drop me an e-mail - justaddwata @gmail.com and I will be sure to let you know when we are planning something.

Will Sgarlat 04-02-2007 09:11 PM

The models and the few dioramas (dioramas - only one talented craftsman WOW) at last year's show were breathtaking. I was the only one who showed r/c speedboats and received mild praise. The rest were scale models of exquisite detail and beauty - museum quality and better. The exhibits are held in various buildings, cause there is no one space big enough to hold everything. The bulk of teh models were sailing vessels, small and large, work boats, etc.. There was a really cool submarine with a vidio camera, ships in bottles - finished and under active construction, classic mahogany power boats like "Baby Bootlegger" and others. The people showing their wares are pleased to discuss what they do with the public and you can buy some of the models shown. The show is really worth a ride from Boston area if the weather is good. Plan to spend at least three hours looking at everything, and take some time to walk around Woods Hole, it's a really unique and small community with ocean all around. You can buy expensive coffee and sweets and have lunch, too. The sailboat race was cool to watch...for a while...I like speed thrills a whole lot better than "windborne grace".
It's the home of the remote sub "Alvin" and one can only imagine all the brain power at work inside the science buildings that flank Main Street after the drawbridge. You can enter the lobby of one of the bigger science buildings and see some of the neat stuff that they have developed to try to pry secrets from the ocean depths.

blizard05 04-03-2007 07:22 AM

We shared a table at the last show. I wil be bringing 2 gas boats this year.see you there. Larry B

Ron Olson 04-03-2007 08:49 AM

Larry, post some shots of the event when you get back if you can. I'm heading east that weekend but not that far east as the Toledo show is going on the same weekend.

blizard05 04-04-2007 03:02 PM

I don't have the means to do pics.wil try to borrow a dig cam. any volunters to take pics?

Jhoyoza 04-05-2007 01:14 AM

Larry,

I will bring a digital cam and email the photos to you when I get back home and download them.

They can be rather large (file size that is) so hopefully you have cable internet. If not perhaps I can make a CD and snail-mail them to you. Either way, I got you covered!

Regards,

-J

blizard05 04-05-2007 10:43 AM

I have dial up (web tv)send pics to justaddwata.Thanks your royal moderator ship.WE NEAD PHIL's CANOE AT THE SHOW Larry B

Will Sgarlat 04-08-2007 08:39 PM

Hey Larry!
Yes, I look forward to seeing you there! I won't show again, I'm going to enjoy the show as a tourist and bring my family. I'd like to spend my time learning more about building static models. See you soon!
Will

blizard05 04-15-2007 02:56 AM

Today,Sat was a great day,a good turnout. My 2 gas boats,1st time gas boats were in show.were very populer.Hope weather holds out Sunday. Update Sunday was a washout,see you in 2yrs at the next show.Does any one have pics to post? Please do it. thanks Larry

herrmill 04-16-2007 03:36 AM

Anyone take photos? I'd be interested in seeing your show, guys!

I can always get a crowd to gather to watch my boats on the water, but it can get pretty lonely over here in Shanghai when you are the only one who has a boat on the water. Wait until they see my Yamato - I'll probably have a riot on my hands then!! On second thought, better not.... :D

Chuck

Ron Olson 04-16-2007 10:53 AM

I've got some that I took that are in my Photobucket account and there is a big thread in the Clubhouse forum way up towards the top of the drop-down menu that John (JWN) took. RC Ken was doing some videos there as I ran into him at the Cox booth.
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...al&media=image
Pardon the bad quality of some of the pix as I was trying out a new camera and didn't have it set right for the lighting and other new owner problems.
There is also one video of Grimracer at the top. He starrted messing with my son as he was the one recording that part.

Jhoyoza 04-20-2007 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply. I took some photos and I will post them below.

The second day was basically rained out, But I did manage to get some sailing photos and many Static display photos.

I never did see any Racing Motor Boats, but it is really spread out with many buildings and exhibits and impossible to be everywhere at one time.

I will say my son and I had a great time!

Enjoy!

Attached: Sail Boat Race

Jhoyoza 04-20-2007 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Here is some photos from the Library:

Jhoyoza 04-20-2007 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some of outside the libary:

Appraisers were on hand for those with some most interesting items: