RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   long ialand ny (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/5833964-long-ialand-ny.html)

crazy maxx 05-09-2007 07:55 PM

long ialand ny

any one run there boat on long island. or any boat meetings

bd323 05-09-2007 08:52 PM

RE: long ialand ny

Hi Maxx

I live in Smithtown and am about to start building a AM Conquest with a BH Hanson Pro Mod and pipe. If you go to www.Namba-1.com you can see the local clubs. There is LIMBA and Nassau RCMBC. I don't know anything about them. They have races at Grant Park in Hewlett and North Pond in Hemp Lake Park off the Southern State. When my build is ready I'll be looking for a play to run and others to run with. Were on LI do you live?

Brian

crazy maxx 05-09-2007 09:34 PM

i live is suffolk county north babylon.
2 good thing about where i live is i m riet ibfornt of a stream and a lake:D
brett

bd323 05-09-2007 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: crazy maxx

brett
What lake is this? I'm looking for a place to run once my boat is complete.

Brian

Justaddwata 05-09-2007 10:21 PM

It has been a few years but there used to be a group who ran Sundays on Artist Lake at Middle Island (opposite where Kmart is (or was). It is right on Rt 25.

There would be a half dozen or more guys there.

Saturdays would see the scale electric guys there.

As I say - it ahs been some years but it was a good spot to run (just had to watch a glitch zone at the eastern corner of the pond - think we racked that up to Kmart).

crazy maxx 05-10-2007 04:24 PM

southerns pond.

ORIGINAL: bd323

brett
What lake is this? I'm looking for a place to run once my boat is complete.

Brian

crazy maxx 05-10-2007 04:25 PM

well there is a k mart by a lake by a shooping center where pay less is and radio shack etc. is that wahat u r talking about.
if so let me no what tyime they run there bc i havent sceen any one run there in a while

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

It has been a few years but there used to be a group who ran Sundays on Artist Lake at Middle Island (opposite where Kmart is (or was). It is right on Rt 25.

There would be a half dozen or more guys there.

Saturdays would see the scale electric guys there.

As I say - it ahs been some years but it was a good spot to run (just had to watch a glitch zone at the eastern corner of the pond - think we racked that up to Kmart).

bd323 05-10-2007 05:11 PM

I checked mapquest Justaddwata is correct that Artist lake is on 25 in Middle Island

Brian

crazy maxx 05-10-2007 05:55 PM

cani have a link. map quest i raciest against me

I checked mapquest Justaddwata is correct that Artist lake is on 25 in Middle Island

Brian

bd323 05-10-2007 06:28 PM

Try this, zoom into the street level and you'll see the lake.

Brian

cani have a link. map quest i raciest against me

Brian

bd323 05-10-2007 06:35 PM

Sorry forgot the link

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=ny&zipcode=

Justaddwata 05-10-2007 06:41 PM

I have not run on the island in a number of years - there may not be anyone running there any more. I used to meet up with the group (there were 2 guys named Phil among the group) just before noon on Sunday. they may all have moved on - I cant say. But it was a good spot to run.

crazy maxx 05-10-2007 06:48 PM

damn thats far
i live in north babylon
i cant even drive yet
i thought that wa in like bayshore or sometin or lindenhurst

bd323 05-10-2007 07:37 PM

wrong k-mart

crazy maxx 05-10-2007 07:52 PM

there is alot of k marts gzzz

DONS BOAT WORKS 05-10-2007 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this It?

bd323 05-10-2007 09:22 PM

Yes, that artist lake

Justaddwata 05-10-2007 11:57 PM

thats far
Not really. I drive 85 miles each way to run with my crowd. I drive past plenty of ponds but it is worth it to run in good company.
As I said - been a number of years since I ran there and they may not even frequent that pond. But back then there was always a good group. You may check with Namba or Impba to see if theres some local guys near you.

crazy maxx 05-11-2007 02:11 PM

ill have to try and get a rdie there. when my lil cuzin gets his mini v me my dad and my cuz will try and go down there