RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   Somthing weired 2 convert 2 radio controaled (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/5903641-somthing-weired-2-convert-2-radio-controaled.html)

Jonjoe 05-26-2007 05:20 AM

Somthing weired 2 convert 2 radio controaled

Hi all
Ive constructed many ships now scratch built most and some in kits and some from static kits into R/C anyway lol :) :
I whant to convert somthing weired to R/C boat like a hardhat :) lol dose anyone have any ideas on what i could convert?
Thanks
Jonjoe:D:D:D

nomobux 05-26-2007 07:35 AM

RE: Somthing weired 2 convert 2 radio controaled

How about one of those Pink Plasic Flamingo's lol

ORIGINAL: Jonjoe

Hi all
Ive constructed many ships now scratch built most and some in kits and some from static kits into R/C anyway lol :) :
I whant to convert somthing weired to R/C boat like a hardhat :) lol dose anyone have any ideas on what i could convert?
Thanks
Jonjoe:D:D:D
[img][/img]

Ron Olson 05-26-2007 08:19 AM

RCBM used to show some real oddities that were converted, a 2 liter soda bottle, a toolbox and other things that slip my rusty mind. One bored local guy made a boat out of 2 Frisbee's (top and bottom) powered with a Cox .049 engine but it didn't work out too well.
I like weird and would be interested in whatever you come up with.

HSOK 05-26-2007 08:40 AM

I like the R/C duck I saw online somewhere that used a paddlewheel system to spin the feet around on the sides. Steam powered if I recall.

Maybe an R/C animal of some sort, like an alligator.

Ron Olson 05-26-2007 09:04 AM

ORIGINAL: HSOK

Maybe an R/C animal of some sort, like an alligator.
In the works: http://www.vac-u-boat.com/VacUGator.htm

pompebled 05-26-2007 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ducks are fun to run RC-controlled, it takes some practice to make them 'swim' like the real thing, but then you can fool the public up to a few feet...

Regards, Jan.

LtDoc 05-26-2007 11:03 AM

Weird... Well, how about a garden sprinkler can, basket/soccer ball, 12 volt car battery (gutted, of course), empty beer keg (you do the emptying!), ice-chest, something that looks like a pillow, a pizza (thick crust), a watermelon? I've seen pictures of most of those except the pillow, that just sounds like a nice idea right now. Your imagination is a dangerous thing... fun though.
- 'Doc

Umi_Ryuzuki 05-26-2007 12:15 PM

Wasn't Tony Oliver running a sprinkling can in the UK?
He had a pump inside that he could turn on and actually run the sprinkle head.

[8D]

capn gary 05-26-2007 06:31 PM

How about a Barney doll, stuffed with styrofoam?

gary

Ron Olson 05-26-2007 06:45 PM

A shark's fin! Great for getting that busy swimming area all to yourself!:D

LtDoc 05-26-2007 08:04 PM

Umi,
Can't remember what his name is, but he's in the UK. Or how about a pair of skies with no one on them?
- 'Doc

Umi_Ryuzuki 05-26-2007 08:47 PM

Leslie R in Seattle did an HO scale train. The locomotive section carried the motor and propeller, and dragged about 6-8 rail cars behind it. I believe the coal car was attached to the top of the rudder or it's keel acted as the rudder.

Also out of the Northwest RC Shipmodelers, Phil Northrop built half of the tug Martha Foss. It was a complete cutaway model with full interior, sealed with clear perspex, and could sail on the pond.

[8D]

13BT 05-26-2007 09:25 PM

how about a television? complete with rabbit ears. have it playing some shows as you sail it up and down the lake.

Quicksilver1 05-26-2007 10:28 PM

I've been thinking about this one for a while.

Perhaps an empty game console case, the newer the best, for shock value. "Hey that guy just threw a freakin PS3 in the lake..........oh wait!!!

a catamaran made out of empty beer cans, it must go very fast :)

Just had an idea, why dont we have a little contest? this could be fun....I'm sure there's enough of us here, that have everything needed to make something, without spending a dime. I'll have to think about that some more, dont be surprised to see another thread.

Umi_Ryuzuki 05-27-2007 03:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Quicksilver

Just had an idea, why dont we have a little contest? this could be fun....I'm sure there's enough of us here, that have everything needed to make something, without spending a dime. I'll have to think about that some more, dont be surprised to see another thread.
That's scary, thinking about what is in the studio, and the workshop,
I probably have enough stuff to build my next three projects....[&:]
It's time I am a bit short on,... just a bit...[:'(]

icyuod2 05-27-2007 08:07 AM

instead of using a household item, why not build a project from stratch to look like a household item?

for example, you ever see the flying lawnmower?
http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/flying-lawn-mower.html
check out the flying things on this page.
i like the stop sign, flag, and the snoopy dog house. :)
http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/flying-lawn-mower.html

a large anvil would be cool. :)

if your intent on using an exsisting product, why not try and find a battery powered "power wheels" jeep at a garage sale. throw a small child into the jeep (a fake small child) and drive it into the pond.

should be good for both shock factor and fun. :)

LtDoc 05-27-2007 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've found this cat. Going to attach a fast motor and have him ski without a boat. Don't want to alarm the 'P.E.T.A' people so am teaching him to swim. Have to start off slow with that sort of thing and here's how... he seems to like it
- 'Doc

capn gary 05-27-2007 01:04 PM

PETA?
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
?
:D
Gary

LtDoc 05-27-2007 02:41 PM

Yeah. Hate to make people mad by changing their diet...
- 'Doc

Neverdone 05-29-2007 09:32 PM

I kind of like the hard hat idea I think I am gona try that with this 21cc weedy motor I have as soon as I can find a hard hat......

LtDoc 05-29-2007 10:06 PM

Hmm. You know the 'styfoam' bald heads people set wigs on? I wonder...
- 'Doc

Neverdone 05-30-2007 12:41 AM

I got it a filing cabinet!!! Or maybe I remember one time going to an R/C air show a long time ago and there was a flying "Big Mac" maybe you could make one that floats that would be neat

WhiteWolf McBride 05-30-2007 12:58 AM

I've seen a Flying Abrams before (was along the same likes of the lawnmower, stop sign, doghouse and Big Mac)

There is some new WIG toy that looks like a hydroplane but has a prop out front, and has enough lift to fly like a plane... it reportedly can even run on snow and grass like an airboat/swamp-buggy.

Personally, closest I come to this is a Hovercraft or LCM. Still awaiting some company to jump in and fill the hole... 1/16 scale LCM-3 (50' in 1:1 = 37.5" in 1/16")

The Tamiya and Hen Long tankers, and even Kyosho Half-8 JGSDF and TamTech buggy guys would love one. Run the beastie up onto the beach with a tarp'd cover (like on transport trucks) and then have the ramp drop and the vehicle come blasting out of the hull at full throttle, scare the heck out of people.

I have plans at half-scale, but getting 'em cut is problematic... and the Kehrer German ABS one is a bit expensive at 280 Euro for a hull, then add the jet-drives, motors and other gear.

Anyone have some pull with a boat-making company?

-pkh- 05-31-2007 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: pompebled

Ducks are fun to run RC-controlled, it takes some practice to make them 'swim' like the real thing, but then you can fool the public up to a few feet...

Regards, Jan.
Any build threads on those RC ducks, pompebled? Those look pretty cool...

Neverdone 06-05-2007 11:17 PM

How about making something amphibious. I have an idea about making a three wheel car putting a wheel on the bottom of the rudder to stear and and making it front wheel drive and putting some sort of propellors like maybe a paddle wheel on the sides of the tires the only thing I am not sure of is how to seal the drive to the wheels from the inside of the boat