RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   RC boat launched from trailer (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/7464013-rc-boat-launched-trailer.html)

VDub99AML 05-06-2008 05:04 PM

RC boat launched from trailer

I've been searching youtube and rcu videos, and have not found anywhere someone launching their rc boat from another rc car and custom trailer. There's a lot of people who have bought and built trailers, but no one has actually launched one??? I am almost ready to start practicing maneuvering my electric car and trailer so when I'm better I can launch mine, and believe me, I will have my video camera and camera man recording away. So, if anyone else has done this, please post your videos and pics of your setups. Even if you don't have a video, post up some pics.

Justaddwata 05-06-2008 06:04 PM

RE: RC boat launched from trailer

Most trailer setups I have seen have used a gas powered boat. Not many gas powered boats out there that have a reverse gear. Plus you would need the motor running before launching.

Fact is the launching part is probably not the highlight of such a configuration. I cant say I have seen many video clips on youtube of real boats being launched either.

Kmot 05-06-2008 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I actually have considered doing it. I just might....

DONS BOAT WORKS 05-06-2008 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Kmot

I actually have considered doing it. I just might....

Me too. I just need a ramp.

Kmot 05-06-2008 10:26 PM

Is that all? Well get busy making one! :D

VDub99AML 05-09-2008 05:08 PM

Found out that backing up the truck with the trailer isn't really that hard. I wonder if it's because the trailer is a triaxle.

mfr02 05-10-2008 04:36 AM

Provided you can drive the tractor/trailer back up the ramp, lanching is the easy part. Recovery is another story altogether.
I spent a fascinating three quarters of an hour watching some Cypriot fishermen getting a small fishing boat onto a trailer in Paphos harbour a couple of years ago. Lots of advice from the crowd that gathered. I dont speak Greek, but I think I got the gist of the replys.
When recovering a beach launched lifeboat, RNLI practice is to ground the boat, manoever the trailer into position and winch the boat bodily onto the trailer.

james94 05-25-2008 02:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCVir...eature=related

I found this on youtube , launch and back on the trailer

FE_Chris 05-26-2008 11:19 PM

Thats a sweet video!!!

Kmot 05-27-2008 12:54 AM

Yeah, that was great! :)

james94 05-27-2008 04:09 PM

hope to get a vid of my villain and revo soon, I will show you when i do.

NitroMMt 06-01-2008 11:26 AM

Im looking to make/buy a trailer. Any one know where to find boat trailers? Ive been looking and cant find them so I didnt know if you cant buy them or what. Thanks for the help.

james94 06-01-2008 11:53 AM

I personaly built mine, was'nt that hard. If a 14 year old can do it no problem, you probably could too. You are gunna be looking at alot of money to buy one

NitroMMt 06-01-2008 02:57 PM

Did you use plans or just build it? I want it to look good.

james94 06-01-2008 06:12 PM

i just built it, with wood and some metal gpt the axels.what boat are you making it for?

DONS BOAT WORKS 06-01-2008 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: NitroMMt

Did you use plans or just build it? I want it to look good.
This might help you.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_57...tm.htm#5719861

Rundee 07-19-2008 06:10 PM

KMOT , I am trying to build a villain ex boat trailer. Can you tell me how long you made the boat rests (The pieces that it sits on) and how did you get a cover? Yours is so cool how bout you just tell me where you started and just everything :D Thanks

Rundee 07-20-2008 08:39 PM

James94 , did you ever get a video?

james94 07-20-2008 08:40 PM

no, not yet, my dam reverse servo quit,and my motor toasted.but i will get one, dont worry!

Rundee 07-20-2008 09:05 PM

Kmot, what kind of tires did you use?

Kmot 07-20-2008 10:34 PM

Rundee, you should know that everything about my trailer is over 5 years old.

Okay, the tires are HPI and I do not recall what "model name" they are. X-Pattern or something like that. And before you ask in another PM, the wheels are Hamad Gamad. Also long out of production. :)

Rundee 07-21-2008 07:52 AM

sorry I just want to know to get a good idea to build a custom trailer for a villain ex.

james94 07-25-2008 10:03 PM

hey, I am hoping to get one by next weekend because im goin to my cottage friday, and hopefully my truck will be ready. No promises though, we are playing tour-guide for our freinds from italy.ill try my best

james94 08-18-2008 06:27 PM

hey guys, little update. got my truck running but my esc in the villain ex is effed . I had the revo and trailer up at out boat launch and backed it in to the lake and it worked great,

hottie12389 11-06-2008 08:51 PM

dude post some pics i want a trailer for my nitro vee and can you make me one i have tried and not succeded im willing to pay extra for labor