RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   R/c Jetskis??? Stand-up type??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/7684718-r-c-jetskis-stand-up-type.html)

LesterRienhart 07-02-2008 02:18 AM

R/c Jetskis??? Stand-up type???

Hi, I'm looking for a small rc jetski that is a stand up type. I know they used to have them, but I can't find any now. Even something kind of cheesy would be ok, as it will get used in a swimming pool for the most part. If anyone has any leads, please let me know.

Thanks!!!!

Larryds 07-04-2008 03:00 PM

RE: R/c Jetskis??? Stand-up type???

I got two of mind from MATO Toys. Just checked the site and he doesnt have any listed, but you might drop him a email. May still have some in stock. Also try Hobbytron.

LesterRienhart 07-05-2008 02:11 PM

Thank you. What do the ones you have look like? Could you post a picture? I know there was a few different ones back around 2003. Now theres nothing at all which is lame.

Larryds 07-06-2008 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres my skis. I have two of them. I also added Stitch, from the cartoon, onto each jet ski. Also put tattoos on the girls. Had to replace the electrontics in one and looks like I will have to do the same to the other. Stock stuff sucks. Fun to run. I use them as rescue girls for my sailboats.

jdoug 07-07-2008 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Larryds

Heres my skis. I have two of them. I also added Stitch, from the cartoon, onto each jet ski. Also put tattoos on the girls. Had to replace the electrontics in one and looks like I will have to do the same to the other. Stock stuff sucks. Fun to run. I use them as rescue girls for my sailboats.

He is looking for a stand-up ski. I found one on Ebay almost a year ago. The only thing that worked was the look.

LesterRienhart 07-14-2008 03:53 AM

Ok, maybe I should repost this with a different title. Since I can't find a stand up jet ski model, I though building one might be an option. I have 5 jet skis in my garage, and have spent the last 2 hours drawing 1/8 scale drawings of an old 440. It looks great on paper, but is very tiny and would require some very small running gear. This would be the perfect size for a swimming pool. It's 10" long.

My question is, how do I keep the water outside the hull? I'll need a 1" prop, Dumas has one. All I can find are brass tubes with a shaft running through them to turn the prop. I don't think there where be room to keep the motor above the water line. I've never owned an RC boat and to be honest, I thought they all had sealed drives. Any suggestions to keep the inside dry? Also, any recommendation for mini batteries, motor, and speed control? I saw the Kyosho mini-V boat and it went like crazy! Since this will only be a pool toy, something slower, cheaper, and longer lasting will be fine. It would only be turning a 1" prop.

Thanks!!!