RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   i want to ask why?????? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/7686448-i-want-ask-why.html)

schnipster 07-02-2008 02:19 PM

i want to ask why??????

why is it that whenever anyone posts in these forums about whether there is a good boating place or who boats in ther area everyone seems to pass it over.....i am dying to run my boat with someone local but man if you ask its like bye bye....

Dan S 07-02-2008 02:38 PM

RE: i want to ask why??????

schnips,

I don't know why, I would love to have you run with us but we have somewhat of a small distance issue.

if you haven't done so already check with Mike Hallam, [email protected]

He's in London, Ontario and he also has a web site (same name as the email) I think he has a pond behind his store. send him an email, check his web site and give him a call, very good guy to talk too.

Did you get your boat started/running yet?

have you tried the setting I told you on your carb?

Dan.

Umi_Ryuzuki 07-02-2008 07:15 PM

I could tell you three or four great local place to run, but
You have to come down to Oregon USA...[&:]

grinder-RCU 07-02-2008 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Dan S

schnips,

I don't know why, I would love to have you run with us but we have somewhat of a small distance issue.

if you haven't done so already check with Mike Hallam, [email protected]

He's in London, Ontario and he also has a web site (same name as the email) I think he has a pond behind his store. send him an email, check his web site and give him a call, very good guy to talk too.

Did you get your boat started/running yet?

have you tried the setting I told you on your carb?

Dan.

I second using the London pond beside the 401. Mike Hallam has his hobby store out of his house which is some distance from the pond. Here is some pics of my tug boat running the tug boat at the pond.

Grinder.

Dan S 07-02-2008 09:50 PM

Thanks Grinder,

I was under the impression that the pond was much closer to his house but still.

I don't know how far Markham would be from London.

Dan.

Tidnab 07-02-2008 10:05 PM

Just did a members search for members in Markham,On,Canada of ones interested in boats and came up with 6 others plus you.Just type in Markham and click on the city box.Under interest,boats and Canada,On in the location box.

Ron Olson 07-03-2008 12:46 AM

Whoa, let's go back to square one folks.
First, he wasn't asking about himself but about other threads where people are looking for sites and got zero replies.
OK, maybe there isn't anyone in their neck of the woods in here.
Secondly, like what Tidnab showed, they could have used various things available on this site to find members or clubs near them but didn't choose to or didn't know about the service.
For those others looking, go up into the toolbarand put your cursor on the "RC Community" and then there will be a drop-down menu. Go to "R/C People & Places" then do a search in there.

As far as you go, the Hallam's are a great racing family. I can't say that I've ever seen anyone more enthusiatic about R/C boat racing than Mike and that's saying a lot. I've raced against plenty of Canadians and those in your area are some good people.

schnipster 07-03-2008 07:55 AM

yes the motor is running awesome! i appreciate it, the zen 26 is a rocket!!!!!!

schnipster 07-03-2008 07:59 AM

thanks all....just an fyi markham is about 1.5 hours from london, worht the drive and i will do so this weekend,,,as well i wanted to say the i have the shockwave 55.....i have had it out 4 times now once during a storm on lake simcoe....waves were huge, i only flipped her once but man did she haul some butt!!!! the boat is fast, the hull has no cracks after the beating it took, although i did strenghten it with fibreglass after i read the posts in here about hull weakness......

that said i am so impressed by the boat...it just needs to be pained cause the "rtr" look is kinda lame..lol

thanks everyone!