RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   Warning about online store. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/9584661-warning-about-online-store.html)

tonito21 03-15-2010 05:11 PM

Warning about online store.

Hey i know that im new to this forum but i just wanted to throw out a little warning about rcplanet.com About a week ago i bought a miss vegas duece from this store online for 250.00 which i thought was a little too low compared to other stores. So like two days go byand i check my order status and it says still processing. So i call them and they tell me that they dont have it at there warehouse, but it says In stock. So the guy tells me there gonna get it from the other warehouse. So a week goes by and i get a call this morning and guess who its from? RCPLANET. So the guy in a weird voice tells me that they dont have it at the other warehouse either that they have to get it in from a vendor or something. So now i have to wait for another week. I tell the guy if they can upgrade the shipping from fedex express(which i paid an extra 30bucks for) to one day shipping, and the guy happily says NO. And i go check the website now to see wat was going on and they bumped up the price on the MV2 to $299.95. I sure as hell know im not gonna pay an extra $50.00 for there problem. So this is just a little warning about rcplanet.com and they are also affiliated with canyonhobbies.com so be careful guys.

f16man 03-16-2010 07:49 AM

RE: Warning about online store.

Yea I thought that price was bogus, tower hobbies you can't go wrong there....

tonito21 03-16-2010 09:56 AM

now i dont know what to expect. i dont know if i can ask for my money back.Can i ask for my money back?

tonito21 03-16-2010 10:31 AM

hey i just cancelled my order. Now im just waiting for them to put back the money in my account. Which they will probably take there sweet donkey time lol. Im thinking about just saving up money and maybe getting a gas boat. Because wat im seeing is that nitro is very expensive and so are the things required to make it run.

Ron Olson 03-16-2010 10:33 AM

How did you pay for it, credit card? Request a refund of your money and if there's a problem with that then contact your CC company.
The members on this site have found some other companies with not so hot reps like Banana Hobbies as they have a very poor rating according to the BBB. They also use two other names but the sites and phone numbers are the same.
When I looked up info on this site about RC Planet I didn't see any bad feedback about them but that doesn't mean that others haven't had issues with them.
If they advertise the prices online and you buy it at that price, it's their loss. A hobby shop in Indiana had a major boo-boo on their site selling glow plugs incredibly cheap. They had to sell them at that price because of a typo.

[Update]
I just checked their site and it shows it as being in stock: http://www.rcplanet.com/AquaCraft_U_...kasterisk-.htm
Here's something else that I just thought of. Most manufacturers like Aquacraft and Pro Boat have a set price that dealers can't go under to keep online stores and hobby shops even on their prices. Some offer discount coupons on purchases of items over a certain amount or throw in "free" extras to get around that. This site does neither.

tonito21 03-16-2010 10:41 AM

yeah i know. i looked up reviews for rc planet and everything was looking good, thats why i decided to order from them. And yes i did order from a cc. Im waiting til 12:00PM ET for them to put my money back, if they dont im calling my bank CHAse

Rich404 03-25-2010 10:23 AM

Hey Tonito,

The credit card companies will go to bat for you if you decide to dispute the charge. It is easy to do.

I have always had good luck when using TowerHobbies for purchases.

Best of luck!

-Rich.