RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Boats General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/)
-   -   gfeak hydro problem (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/9857289-gfeak-hydro-problem.html)

craigls45 07-11-2010 04:30 AM

gfeak hydro problem

i have a 32' gfreak hydro running "stage 4 gear and 18.5v 5000mah lipo, after burning out esc on first run, lipo puffed up and they told me bad luck i put in new esc and it runs ok but when i go flat out it tends to nose dive and bury itself when going over its own wake?? is it too heavy at the front?, i have nowhere else to put the battery, i tried a 22.2v lipo and it was worse.. anyone help?? i just want a boat i can put in the water and run with little problems!!

Umi_Ryuzuki 07-11-2010 01:18 PM

RE: gfeak hydro problem

What kind of drive do you have on the boat?
Can you change the angle of the drive in the water?

craigls45 07-11-2010 04:51 PM

i have tried to adjust the angle, depth and position of the prop but all that does is make it harder to get up on the plane with cavitation, it doesnt change high speed attitude.....

Hydro Junkie 07-11-2010 05:02 PM

Are you running a lifting or nonlifting prop?

craigls45 07-11-2010 05:24 PM

i have tried several different props from other boats, lifting and non lifting, smaller, larger and it doesnt change the way it handles, when i got it they had stuck lead weights on the left side( which looked like crap) and told me it was lifting cause of wind??? i am a little pissed about it as i paid over $1000 for it and i told them i wanted it to fly, not to be a sub!

Dan S 07-11-2010 08:30 PM

Craig,
I have a feeling that your CG is too far forward or something else is not quite correct in the setup.
can you put some pics of your setup?

Dan.

new2rcboating 07-12-2010 06:58 AM

Hi Craig [sm=thumbs_up.gif],

I have the same boat as you , just that i only wanted the hull kept as an outboard tunnel project , i gave all the other hardware to my brother for his son . At the moment i have the hull ( taken off fake merc. ) painted white & waiting for temps to become higher to finish paint sceme . This week i will take delivery of an outboard leg i have bought for it , & will be fitted with a 36-60-2300kv bl motor running 4s bat. .

In short , i don't think your current set up is that efficient . The woodwork is well set up in these tunnel boats , it's a shame that it's set up wrong . If i was you i would look at getting your boats balance point right - there is much information to be found in this sites unofficial tunnel thread .

All the best in R/C Boating ,

Brad

craigls45 07-12-2010 07:31 AM

trouble is i have nowhere else to fit the battery except in the front??? i thought i could velcro it in the centre under the hatch but i think it would make it top heavy! i am currently waiting for some new plugs and wire to make a dual 11.1v 4500mah setup that i can mount either side of the motor.. i hope this may help keep the nose up slightly to help it handle a few ripples???

Dan S 07-12-2010 10:12 AM

craig,
is it a G-freak Hydro or a tunnel that you have?

thanks,
Dan.

craigls45 07-12-2010 04:14 PM

its a 32'' hydro running 22.2v 5000mah lipo and 180a seaking esc, i am changing the motor as its a chinese amp hungry cheapy to a fiego so it should go well...... but it doesnt [:o]

new2rcboating 07-13-2010 04:52 PM

Hi Craig [sm=thumbs_up.gif],

I have taken all the wood work out of mine & fibreglassed & used matting on the tunnel ( inside ) after taking driveline out , & will place weight towards the rear to gain better ride characteristic . Just a thought for you to consider ...

All the best mate ,

Brad