Notices
RC Car Engines Talk about rc car nitro engines and gas engines

.21 engine question

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 05:36 PM
breadmantripp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .21 engine question

I need to replace my sleeve and piston in my sh .21 engine and am wondering if any sleeve and piston will work as long as it's for a .21 engine?
Old 10-03-2014, 06:19 PM
nitroexpress

No it will not.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:56 PM
breadmantripp

Bummer
Old 10-05-2014, 01:45 PM
breadmantripp

Would only sh sleeves and pistons fit their engines or could there b others that would fit also?
Old 10-05-2014, 02:13 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by breadmantripp
Would only sh sleeves and pistons fit their engines or could there b others that would fit also?
Because every manufacturer sets up their engines with different bore and stroke ratios, and/or thicker liners (sleeves), different liner materials, etc. there is NO guarantee any other parts will fit unless you know of anyone who has measured the O.D. of various liners of other engines. Moreover, the wristpin height, stroke length, bore, among many other variables can and likely is different among engines with the same displacement. So even if say a Picco liner has the same O.D. As your SH, the stroke could be longer and thus would cause the piston to hit the head. What you would need to do is take note of the bore, stroke, head clearance, rod length, and wristpin height, at minimum, then find another engine with the same kinds of measurements. Then you'd need to make sure that the liner OD is the same. That is a LOT of work for a cheap engine. In all honesty, you could likely find a new P/L set specifically for your engine cheaper and quicker direct from an SH distributor online than finding another brands' parts that will fit. Hell, you could find another whole NEW SH engine for the price of some P/L sets for some engines. Or just buy a new engine of a different brand and be done with it.

Consult a Redcat dealer. They use SH engines in their models.

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 10-05-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:24 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 21. nitro engine sleeve and piston pincher

you can buy a sleeve and piston pincher it resizes the sleeve, inside diameter of sleeve, gets smaller by a few thousandths and your compression comes back

yes i did about 6 0r 7 engines works well you have to get the pincher to that type of motor nitro motors sleeves have a slight taper to them ok