Notices
RC Car Engines Talk about rc car nitro engines and gas engines

Honest opinion on worth of some motors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 06:29 PM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honest opinion on worth of some motors?

It's been a long time since I've posted or even visited here and I think I may of posted my original thread in the wrong forum , which is here >> http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1...me-motors.html

Anyways , this is what I wrote and could use some advice.

" Hey guys....it's been a very long time since I've touched anything in 1/8th nitro , or much of anything in the RC driving at all in many , many years. I take that back....A few years ago I did a little electric 1/8th scale driving , but just for fun. ( That stuff is collecting dust now as well )

My question is , I went through a bunch of my old 1/8th scale stuff and found some motors in which I forgot I even had. And am wondering if I could get an honest opinion from some current 1/8th buggy / truggy drivers on what they might be worth? I know I'll only get a fraction of what I paid for them , but it's ok. A few of these motors are brand new and never been ran , and a couple others have been ran , but were still strong when I pulled them from the buggy / truggy. One or two had been seriously modified and never put together or ever run after the work. On those motors , I'm more or less just interested in seeing how they may run , and would be willing to ship them off to be tested by an honest member here that would flip me some money on what they think they are worth. On those motors , I'm looking for someone here that is well known and trusted by the community.

I have been out of the RC driving thing for quite some time except for a little come back I did with electric. I'm going to get back into the RC flying a little this summer , and this driving stuff won't get any attention from me. It probably won't ever again now that I'm thinking about it. Too many other things I'm interested in. "
Old 02-19-2016, 06:30 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Could you post some photos of the engines and maybe we can help you?
Old 02-19-2016, 11:45 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will for sure. When I get home this evening I'll get some pics uploaded , with a description of what they are. There is 1 - 2 motors that I may need help on figuring out what they were. I originally had about 18 motors if I remember right. I had I think 12 of them modified and then sold 10 of those 12 mod motors. The two guys who bought them wrote back and said they were really happy. Some porting on the sleeves and some kind of a weird grey coating the guy had did on my cranks after he did some grinding on those as well. Most of all those motors if I remember correctly were RB WS7's , C-5's , a couple O.S. motors and a Rossi redhead motor. I remember running the Rossi for about a gallon or so and it was too much power for the way I wanted to drive. Great strait line speed , but kept lighting up the tires to quickly.

And man , I've been out of it for so long , the only ones I know for sure of what they are , is because they are still in the box from when I bought them. The others....I need to figure out what they even are. The three new motors I know are a CMB Red head RS .21 , a CMB Purple head .21 of some sort and a WASP .28 or .26 if I remember right.

I'll try and get those pic's up tonight.