Notices
RC Car Engines Talk about rc car nitro engines and gas engines

Big red .28

Old 11-21-2017, 11:49 PM
O5ive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big red .28

Hey guys
I just installed big red .28 engine in my savage. The engine starts fine but as soon i remove the glow plug igniter the engine dies. Already leaned out the lsn..any clue what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 11-22-2017, 05:30 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

If you've run several tanks through it to break the engine in, wear particles from breaking in (or swarf) will cook the plug. Try a new plug. If the problem still exists, the low speed is still too rich. Remember - the idle mixture needle is only used to control mixture at idle and *just* off idle only. If the rpm ever drops or the engine quits with the glow driver disconnected but runs steady with it connected, your idle is too rich. When buying replacement glow plugs, only use long reach plugs and ideally a medium heat range.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:01 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by O5ive
Hey guys
I just installed big red .28 engine in my savage. The engine starts fine but as soon i remove the glow plug igniter the engine dies. Already leaned out the lsn..any clue what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be great. Thanks
If leaning doesn't work go the other direction.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:14 PM
O5ive

Thanks guys. Glow plug was an issue and I adjusted the needles back to default and it has been working pretty good. 4 tanks down.

Another issue I noticed my throttle on the remote loses signal no response but the steering works just fine not sure if it's the antenna or the servo itself. Any guess would be a good start.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:38 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Servo or receiver. If one channel works and the other doesn't, it's the servo or receiver. Check servo first with a known good one.

A lean needle is a lean needle. An engine will not stay running with the glow driver connected any better than without if the needle is too lean. It will if it's too rich.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:20 PM
O5ive

Servo seems to be ok. I think it's the receiver.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:42 PM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by O5ive
Servo seems to be ok. I think it's the receiver.
What type of battery do you have in you Vehicle? If its just 4 AAs in a battery holder there is your culprit. You need a 6v mini c Nihmi battery and charger to run the radio properly and also get a throttle return spring on the throttle because sometimes your battery craps or it comes unplugged and you a have a runaway on your hands! My @ cents Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!