RC Car Engines Talk about rc car nitro engines and gas engines

HPI evo t-15 engine

Old 11-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Amit1603

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HPI evo t-15 engine

Hi, I hope someone can help.

i recently got my evo rush tuned and when I got it home:

1) on idle the car keeps moving forwards. I have to apply the brake and even then it just about holds. The throttle dial on the controller is low, what do I need to adjust to stop it moving in neutral?

2) when I first start it, the engine revs increase to insane levels, it literally drinks the fuel in the tank within 30 seconds and lets out lots of white smoke.

3) when I increase throttle it stalls.

i am not even sure which of the three needles to adjust now.

would appreciate sOn e help!
Old 11-14-2019, 05:02 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

When a nitro car moves at normal low idle engine speed, most often the clutch has a broken spring.

As for the high rpm when it first starts - ensure that the transmitter is turned on first, receiver second; BEFORE starting the engine. Check to ensure proper operation of the servos without the engine running - double checking that the throttle servo has the throttle closed to idle and isn’t fluttering or glitching. Note when the engine starts if the throttle linkage flutters - if it does, make sure ALL metal to metal contacts are tight. Engine mount screws, transmission screws, etc. Metal to metal vibrations from loose screws can cause RF interference and cause the receiver to send wonky signals.

If these things don’t fix the problem, take a video of the car doing as you say and post it so we can see it. Then we might be able to help you better.