Notices
RC Car Engines Talk about rc car nitro engines and gas engines

any easy maintaince 1/8 truggy 25-28 size that dont use alot Nitro

Old 12-24-2019, 08:51 AM
truggy_blast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any easy maintaince 1/8 truggy 25-28 size that dont use alot Nitro

Hello RC lover again

Please read my 3.5cc motor threat. also here i done.

I need one good bashing Nitro Engine also to one old Losi Truggy eight i got.
size 25-28

Problems i have before is that many of these big size nitros for monster and truggy drink alot Nitro. almost double the 3.5cc motors. So they get expensive drive if you bash alot like me.

Is there any good simple tuned nitro big size today that runs and runs also needs normal Nitro fuel levels.

I remember when i change one 3,5 cc motor in one 1/8 Buggy like 10years ago. The car got slower, and did also drink double the nitro gas compared to the 3.5.

i Want avoid this happen again.

Also i have been driving only brushless cars last years, and im comfortable now with that simple, drive , drive, no needle adjusting alltime

Is there any big motor today 2019/2020 that runs without alot needle tuning, and also one engine that dont use huge amount nitro to run

thank you all
Old 12-29-2019, 12:31 AM
D3MON

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

big blocks drink alot of fuel, not really any way around that, a good .21 is probably your best bet for fuel economy, and if a decent enough one will not have to sacrifice too much in the power department. (think .21s are the main engine class for racing)
higher quality nitro engines seem to not need tuning quite as much, though when something changes either temperatures, elevations, humidity, etc. you are going to need to adjust the tune. running higher (25%-30%) nitro content also makes them less finicky on tune.
i know the Novarossi Rex Legend 28-8 is a good engine, heard alot of praise about it, along with about any Novarossi, dynamite makes decent engines, but definitely not quite the quality of the aforementioned, they do make a .26 though which is right there in between.
Old 12-29-2019, 05:22 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

.21s are used in racing because of fuel economy. A .28 or near equal displacement engines suck a bit more fuel with their large bores and short strokes. Longer stroke engines rev hard too, but breathe more efficiently and thus get better fuel mileage. When you need 9+ minutes on 3-5oz of fuel, small engines are what’s needed. Big block .21s make heaps more torque than the small block .19-.21 engines do.

those race .21s are also heaps more money, too. The Nova Truggy 28-8 (replaced the Rex Legend 28-8) is one hell of an engine - even on 10% nitro! You don’t have to run 25% nitro!! Remove a thin head shim after 6 tanks of fuel from new on 14% oil fuel and then run 10/12 or even 15/12 fuel and be happy as a clam.