Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Charging at correct Amps?

Old 10-16-2010, 12:36 AM
cliffkp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging at correct Amps?

OK so I got my battery connections soldered and have charged my first battery. It should of charged at 5.0 amps (5000 mah) but didn't. It charged at around 1.4 amps... my 2nd battery is charging at the full 5amp? Any Ideas?
Old 10-16-2010, 01:56 AM
cliffkp

Default RE: Charging at correct Amps?

delete post, figured it out
Old 10-16-2010, 11:17 AM
alvinl

You should post your answer. That way, if anyone searches for this topic they will get the answer along with the question.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:19 PM
cliffkp

well when I looked at the charger it was already charged and apparently theres some ramp down time for the charger to drop the amps slowly... not sure why but assuming this is normal as both batts did the exact same thing
Old 10-16-2010, 12:45 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: cliffkp

well when I looked at the charger it was already charged and apparently theres some ramp down time for the charger to drop the amps slowly... not sure why but assuming this is normal as both batts did the exact same thing
ya thats normal
mine start out at full blast go full blast for 40 or so mins, than drop significantly when the cells start to get full.