Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Exceed rc products

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 12:20 AM
expo
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed rc products

I know it's a matter of opinion but I was wondering where Exceed RC is in the quality they put out compared to the other big 5,6 or 7?
Where can one get a good deal on an Exceed Truggy?
Old 10-28-2010, 07:19 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Exceed rc products

IMO, some of the exceed RC's are "good for the money"
i have an exceed buggy, which i put a brushless motor on. the buggy originally cost $120-$130, and is able to handle brushless power just fine.

i also have an exceed on-road car which handles well and is also good for its price.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:12 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The opinions on these cars will vary greatly depending on who you're talking to and there is a bunch of people that are very negative toward them. What I've found is that most of those people have no first hand experance with these cars and are simply spreading internet rumors. Most of the Exceed models are also sold by Redcat, Himoto and a coupe of other brands.

I own the Redcat Vortex stadium truck and it has been a great truck. I've beat it pretty hard and mine is currently running a traxxas VXL ststem without any issues. For the money they are good cars. Yes there are better models on the market but it's a lot of car for the price.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:25 AM
rooker
My Feedback: (1)

I purchased a used Exceed that I thought was a Rustler because it had Traxxas electronics in it.  It did very well.  I bought it for my 4 year old nephew.  With the training mode on the ESC it has held up very well!!  IMO there is not much difference in it than a Rustler, which is an inexspensive rc?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:36 AM
expo
My Feedback: (20)

I'm asking because mine's an Exceed 4wd Truggy with a .21 engine and 1 speed trans. I bought it used in excellent shape. I don't have an idea how fast it is but it's faster than my XL 5.9 MT with a 3 speed. That's interesting that Redcat uses the models. I've heard some good and bad press on Redcat models also.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:44 AM
rooker

It think that the problem with the cheaper RCs is that they seem to be very inconsistent.  I, myself, purchased an Acme Monster T which was only $179.  It did great!  But I hear so many other people with horror stories.  So I bet you will find that some people have have good experiences and others bad. 

just my 2 cents worth
Old 10-28-2010, 10:51 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

in my experience, the chassis of these cheaper RC's(redcat exceed ect) are fairly good. its the electronics that are lower-end and dont tend to last as long as more expensive ones. but then, you can just buy used ESC's, servos and motors off ebay when/if the stock ones fail.

look at it this way, if the exceed, himoto, redcats were total junk and not worth the money....then they wouldnt sell enough to keep running. again, if you can spend alittle more money and go for a HPI-tamiya-traxxas ect, then you will have better parts and parts support. but if you are on a tight budget, then you can still have alot of fun with the lower-priced brands! and having fun is what the hobby is really about!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:00 AM
rooker

^+
I guess that is why my Exceed had a Traxxas ESC in it???
Old 10-28-2010, 11:11 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rooker

It think that the problem with the cheaper RCs is that they seem to be very inconsistent. I, myself, purchased an Acme Monster T which was only $179. It did great! But I hear so many other people with horror stories. So I bet you will find that some people have have good experiences and others bad.

just my 2 cents worth
That and customer support I hear is atrocious from exceed. Redcat, and Himoto are supposedly decent with support.

If you want a cheaper truggy I'd look at redcat or himoto, their support is alot better than exceeds from what I read, along with durability. Part #'s are the same between between the 2 brands

squirrelod on youtube has a video series on comparing Exceed and himoto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ewZk_KLs5w PT1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idt9fvb2fiw PT2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfO4RCWVtIc PT3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydvTxUecheQ PT4

Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 PM
McWolf_101

Exceed RC's nitro 1/10 scale Ultra car, Forza buggy and Infinity truck, and electric 1/10 scale Champion cars, DriftStar cars, SunFire buggy and Dynamite truck are rebadged HSP vehicles. Also, their nitro 1/8 scale Razor buggy, Tectonic truck and Battalian truggy are rebadged HSP vehicles. However, their electric 1/10 scale MadSpeed car, and nitro 1/8 scale MadBeast truck, MadFire buggy, MadStorm truck, MadWarrior truggy and MadBash short course truck are rebadged Nanda RC vehicles. Apparently, the general consensus is that the rebadged Nanda RC vehicles are more durable than the rebadged than the rebadged HSP vehicles. I do agree with what 'john01374' has stated, that is, I believe that many people 'hear' about the bad personal experiences of other individuals, many of whom I believe would now attribute those experiences to user error, and just run with those notions without having any first-hand knowledge, whether it be their own or a close friend's. With that being said, I also agree with what 'rooker' stated, that is, some people seem to get a 'lemon', and I believe that this is true of ANY company, RC or otherwise. For example, and I do stand to be corrected, I do not believe that there was any significant amount of slander about Toyota when some of their vehicles had to be recalled some time ago. Another example, Dell produces 3 or 4 of the same computer systems and uses a different CPU type in each system, even now, and when one system was perceived to have too many issues, it was removed from the market. Again, I do stand to be corrected, I do not believe that there was/is any significant amount of slander about Dell. Therefore, I do not believe that individuals, some of whom do not have any first-hand knowledge of the products that they are spreading rumours about, should be spreading any malicious comments. I believe that some of us as RC hobbyists need to move away from the elitist way of thinking and remember that this hobby is supposed to be about having FUN and HELPING our fellow hobbyists whenever possible, and NOT about telling them that their vehicle is inferior because they paid $300 while you paid $800. It is true that we all have our preferences, but we should not forget two of the most important things about this hobby, FUN and CAMARADERIE.

Ok, I believe that I'm done now.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: rooker

It think that the problem with the cheaper RCs is that they seem to be very inconsistent. I, myself, purchased an Acme Monster T which was only $179. It did great! But I hear so many other people with horror stories. So I bet you will find that some people have have good experiences and others bad.

just my 2 cents worth
That and customer support I hear is atrocious from exceed. Redcat, and Himoto are supposedly decent with support.

If you want a cheaper truggy I'd look at redcat or himoto, their support is alot better than exceeds from what I read, along with durability. Part #'s are the same between between the 2 brands

squirrelod on youtube has a video series on comparing Exceed and himoto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ewZk_KLs5w PT1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idt9fvb2fiw PT2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfO4RCWVtIc PT3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydvTxUecheQ PT4

i had a redcat backdraft 3.5 nitro buggy that the recoil and throttle servo failed on. i contacted redcat about the issue, and they sent me replacement parts that were at my door within a week. thats A+ customer service IMO. the recoil wasnt even covered under warrenty!