Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

R/C 10 Nissan King Cab and More....

Old 11-19-2010, 09:13 AM
R/C10Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/C 10 Nissan King Cab and More....

Thanks for the comments, and info on the Losi Hydra Drive. I have been looking and searching for info on that gear and can't find much if any. I have heard and read that they were used for racing and were a pretty awesome gear set up to use. Thanks again..
Old 11-20-2010, 08:20 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quite possibly the ONLY one left anywhere!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Losi-JRX-2-T-93T...item2eb162da32

The hydra drives were pretty pointless on cars that were not made with a huge chunk of aluminum, which is why you see most of them on RC10's and not losi cars. Adjusting the normal slipper was as easy as turning a nut... adjusting the hydra drive involved draining it, scraping the viscous honey out of there... then refilling with thicker crap and hoping you didn't have to do it again. Also, if you were really hard on them, they would warm up, and spray oil all over the place.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:17 AM
R/C10Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read and heard that they were a pretty popular gear set up, and that they were Great for racing. I have also been told to find the Whole complete hydra drive now is next to impossible. I have a good friend who is big into RC 's he raced them back in the day and still builds and collects them today. He has over 20 cars now. He said he loved the hydra drive. He still has a few of them laying around. I have personally never used 1 but have been told they were a pretty awesome set up to have on your car or truck. I am happy with the set up and it will stay on the RC 10.. Thanks for the info.. The link you posted is a different gear then what I have mine is a orange Gear with a different ammount of teeth on it. But Thanks...